pearsei vs blackbelt

A

Anonymous

those are two seperate videos, the second one has some nice shots of those lyonsi.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
These are the same two fish in my tank that seem to have issues! :scratch:

Right now the black belt is dominant but the pearsei keeps standing up to it. I think this helps keep the pearsei in check. Seems like it would be a total butt to the Argentea if the black belt wasnt around.

Yep, cichlids being cichlids :D

A

Anonymous

My blackbelt has managed to dominate, its currently chasing the pearsei, somethings gotta happen if they don't work it out by the time I get off of work tomorow.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I have been keeping a close eye on my black belt too. Mine is not an all out chaser but kind of likes to stress the pearsei out by stalking it and slowly going after it. No high tail chasing so I am letting it be for now. But I am not dealing with as big of fish as you. They could do some serious damage at that size.

I had a freddy and fenestratus that did a nightly fight before bed. During the day they were fine and had their own space but every night same thing, setting the boundary line.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Forgot to mention, cool effect in the video with the other fish kind of gathering around almost taking sides.

A

Anonymous

Oh dude they the firemouths are anti black belt and have been since I added the it. The bocourti trys to stay out of everyones way, the salvini and argentea seem to get wraped up in the excitment. Its pretty funny to watch.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sorry to hear about the pearsei. :(

It was a beautiful fish, sad the blackbelt took it out. Be nice to the blackbelt no :violent: , even though I know you want to.

And no getting :drunk: !

Madness

Staff member
Im all down with some :beer: as long as D isnt bringin. :lmfao:
Sorry to here about the Pearsi, looks like we will just have to find you another one.

A

Anonymous

I already had 5 beers, on a Thursday.... I do that sometimes, drink to deal with tough times.. I'm really sad, I don't know what I'm gonna do with this tank now.... I had a plan, pearsei, argentea, firemouths and salvini. Not overstocked, not understocked... just right. Rio tulija tank. Now I just don't know. I want to get new pearsei but I don't want to grow them back out. I will probably justt wait a few years and buy some adult wild caught pearsei..... man I can't believe after all that time there gone... second toughest loss I have had... sucks, don't even know what to say.

They settled down completely last night, I wouldent have left them together if I wasent confident.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Dont beat yourself up about this. You could have been home with them all day and turned your back for just a moment and it could have happened.

I know I become attached to my fish, should probably stop naming them that only makes it worse, and I would be totally upset if I lost my favorite, my midas. I have to say I am proud of you, because if that happened to me the black belt would be enjoying some alone time with my neighbors cat. :cat:

A

Anonymous

I know, well there's other pearsei in the world. I was thinking about ordering a few sub adults from gage in time. We will see.

A

Anonymous

I'm gonna wait a bit longer then that, still have lots of fish to grow out

A

Anonymous

We will see if it can control its aggresion, if soo it will go, like I planed with the loisellei and red isletes. Of course the isletes have about 2 inches to put on before I do that though. And they will all go in my 150 I'm setting up in a few months.

fishman09

fish_n_vw said:
We will see if it can control its aggresion, if soo it will go, like I planed with the loisellei and red isletes. Of course the isletes have about 2 inches to put on before I do that though. And they will all go in my 150 I'm setting up in a few months.
i think your loisellei are the la ceiba variant of friedrichsthalli just from what ive seen on your vids. they were at first classified as loisellei but are now considered friedrichsthalli. i got three from apfp that were marked loisellei but are actually the la ceibas.