Omaha, NE LFS visit

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I just finished 2 weeks in Omaha and was able to visit 4 LFS within 20min of each other. I'm only slightly jealous. Prices were lower than local too.
1. Fin-tastic: was in an office space that had not been intended for aquarium use. The owner is definitely more of the hobbyist type. The racks were simply 2x4 racks and painted. He did have a decent selection and he had species I have not seen available locally. One tank held a group of 5 nickel size Uaru that if I had not been on the motorcycle I might have scooped up. Only freshwater. This was the only lfs that knew Heros Notatus.
2. Nebraska Aquatic Supply: more high end feel/vibe. Offering fresh and salt. Displays were a mix of small and large tanks on more commercial looking racks. Not much of a selection.
3. Fish Freaks: Large store with a large selection of salt and fresh. One tank held a large group of sev's labeled as "Rainbow Severums." They agreed to message the wholesale distributor to find out the species. Wholesale response the next day was Herotilapia multispinosa. Obviously, the person responding missed the word Severum. Very large display tanks of stock available. Only store where I took pictures.
4. Rivers and Reefs: salt and fresh. Nice selection. Hobbyist vibe.
All worth visiting if you find yourself in Omaha.
PXL_20210922_231603777.jpgPXL_20210922_231613772.jpgPXL_20210922_231801599.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Always cool to see stores in other places.

Adonis pleco in first pic? You should get him…