# of tanks just for fun

A

Anonymous

I have to say I am very shocked at the number of tanks some of you are keeping. I am really shocked. This is a great thread. And all of you with more then 10 tanks, I envy you. I really thought I had a lot of tanks in my house. I need to grow some. I'm going to show my wife. Some are scared to do this. I am gonna say, why do they get that many and not me..... I'm totaly gonna whine.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
fish_n_vw said:
DMD123 said:
madness said:
2)250g Zonatus x 4, Bifasciatus x 3, Argentia x 3, Black belt x 3, Nurasatti x 4, Rhytisma, Nicuarguensis x 2, Sieboldi, Delhezi Polyptures x 2, Fen Catamaco x 2, 5 exotic plecos
-1 Black belt!

Thanks for the new fish! He is as big as my pearsei.
Now about 3 more fish and you will be spot on.... lol, j/k!!!
Ok, only if I get to pick from the same list! madness, I will take a Zonatus, a Bifasciatus and one of the exotic plecos. :laughhard:

Madness

Staff member
DMD123 said:
madness said:
I thought we were calling it a she. :D
"It" is doing great! Colored up nice, and seems to be playing nice... so far, that why I had said "he" because girls just dont get along.
I see, and you are correct. We will call him a he.

fish_n_vw said:
I have to say I am very shocked at the number of tanks some of you are keeping. I am really shocked. This is a great thread. And all of you with more then 10 tanks, I envy you. I really thought I had a lot of tanks in my house. I need to grow some. I'm going to show my wife. Some are scared to do this. I am gonna say, why do they get that many and not me..... I'm totaly gonna whine.
You know, whining just might work. :D

cuashidor3

1)55 gallon 5 silver dollars 3 golden loach 5 giant danios 1 pleco
2)55 red swordtail fish 7 red wag platy 4zebra danios 3 black skirt tetras 4 red eye tetras
3)20 gallon planted red cherry shrimp ghost shrimp 5 glow fish
4)20 gallon planted 17 neon tetras
5)5 gallon zebra danios fry
6)2.5 gallon baby cherry shrimp

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
fish_n_vw said:
You may not have the "quantity of tanks" others have but you do have some bigger tanks with higher volumes of water. So I'm sure someone else is saying 'why cant I have a tank thats at least as big as his, I would gladly give up some of these little ones for a big tank'.

Madness

Staff member
DMD123 said:
fish_n_vw said:
DMD123 said:
madness said:
2)250g Zonatus x 4, Bifasciatus x 3, Argentia x 3, Black belt x 3, Nurasatti x 4, Rhytisma, Nicuarguensis x 2, Sieboldi, Delhezi Polyptures x 2, Fen Catamaco x 2, 5 exotic plecos
Ok, only if I get to pick from the same list! madness, I will take a Zonatus, a Bifasciatus and one of the exotic plecos. :laughhard:
OK. It will be $40 for the Bifa, $20 for the small Zo and $60 for the big, and the plecos are all $50ea

A

Anonymous

Well that dident go as planned, I read off everyones tank size and numbers of tanks. She sits there's and waits for me to finish. When I did I said why do all of these people get all these tanks and I don't. Her lips turned to smile and she said (in a very polite voice) "because your life sucks, your a piece of crap and you should kill yourself"............ WTF!!! Seriously!!!! My wife has the biggest heart. She's so kind and nice to everyone. Seriously she is, she's freakin mormon for gods sake. She is not like that. I don't know where that came from.............. oh well, I will try again tomorow.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
madness said:
OK. It will be $40 for the Bifa, $20 for the small Zo and $60 for the big, and the plecos are all $50ea
Really? Your ready to part with some... didnt that workout catching the black belt make you want to say forget it, everyone stays it just too much work catching you guys.

Madness

Staff member
Yes very true. So you are correct, not selling any until I am ready to sell a hand full at once.

A

Anonymous

DMD123 said:
fish_n_vw said:
You may not have the "quantity of tanks" others have but you do have some bigger tanks with higher volumes of water. So I'm sure someone else is saying 'why cant I have a tank thats at least as big as his, I would gladly give up some of these little ones for a big tank'.
Your probably right, but I still want more. I guess I have a 150 going in as soon as the remodel in the front room is done, and my wife gave me permision for a 5' tank in the boys' bedroom..... ehh, I'm not very patiant though.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
fish_n_vw said:
Well that dident go as planned, I read off everyones tank size and numbers of tanks. She sits there's and waits for me to finish. When I did I said why do all of these people get all these tanks and I don't. Her lips turned to smile and she said (in a very polite voice) "because your life sucks, your a piece of crap and you should kill yourself"............ WTF!!! Seriously!!!! My wife has the biggest heart. She's so kind and nice to everyone. Seriously she is, she's freakin mormon for gods sake. She is not like that. I don't know where that came from.............. oh well, I will try again tomorow.
That was a appreciate what you have talk. So think about it :scratch: , is it really that bad that you "only" have a 180, 125, 110, 20, 10 etc... that is 400+ gallons more than what many have! :D

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Not bad, I was recycling the talk I get from my wife about "only" having the one large tank.

I do the 'but madness has...' and then the speech begins "If madness jumped off a bridge would you?" and I say "If he's jumping off the bridge there must be some really good fish down there"

Madness

Staff member
DMD123 said:
Not bad, I was recycling the talk I get from my wife about "only" having the one large tank.

I do the 'but madness has...' and then the speech begins "If madness jumped off a bridge would you?" and I say "If he's jumping off the bridge there must be some really good fish down there"
:laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:

fishman09

i guess im lucky that my girlfriend really has never told me not to get a tank. my valentines present this year was a 120 with a stand and lights lol :D

lucky man. im single and all my tanks are in my larger bed room and i always have to give the heads up speach that im not some sort of fish hoarder.. if they freak out about the aquariums they are pretty much done hahaha

larry.beck

Whenever my wife says "enough already" I remind her that we started this with a single 10g tank because she wanted it. Went to a 55g because we needed to be able to keep more stable parameters and we needed a small tank to quarantine anyway. And so on... and so on.... LOL

At this point she has 3 of the tanks in her office. I only have 1 in mine (plus 11 in the office close/fish room) :spoton:

Madness

Staff member
hobbyorobsession said:
lucky man. im single and all my tanks are in my larger bed room and i always have to give the heads up speach that im not some sort of fish hoarder.. if they freak out about the aquariums they are pretty much done hahaha
Amen to that. I dated this woman for 3 years, and all she could do is question my hobby. As we started talking more about getting married, she started saying crap like "You know that when we get married, you wont be putting those things in my house." REALLY? :scratch: And I want us to get horses. She says. I tell her that I have absolutely NO interest in a horse. But I will be more than happy to buy her a horse so that she can enjoy her hobby. Oh thanks honey, but still no fish. REALLY? :scratch:

3 years and 1 month and she was on her own. Wish she would have told me that sooner, I would have left long before the 3 year mark.

im not going to give up my interest in the hobby at all. and to start off a potential relationship with it being an issue is just a big red flag. my interest in fish feels like a part of me...and frankly were going to spend many a weekends doing the fish store runs...get used to it or please be on your way =)