not sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronfeeney

all are african cichlids of some sort, I believe the orange one to be auloracana(peacock) of some sort but don't know about the striped and the blue ones

sandnuka

Red zebra's.... itleast the orange one looks like it.... the blue could be too..... the striped thing, I have never seen in my life.... but its also really small, probably be able to tell in a couple months.

sandnuka

Not a cichlid

Found it!!!! and it is not an african.... fish is called a black banded leporinus... it is from central and south america, and its not a cichlid.... Has 5 stripes as a baby, stripes slowly multiply becoming 8-10 stripes as an adult.... oh, and watch out, they can jump out of your tank!
The only other black striped light colored african cichlids would be the frontosa, and that is definetly not one... I know those really well.... or the talapia butterkoire(sp).... and I had one of those too, doesnt look at all like the one you have.
Im almost 100% sure based on that pic, and the amount of stripes he/she has. here is a pic I found online.

blackb10.jpg

aaronfeeney

the adults do not look like that

not as long , these adults were exactly like the juviniles only larger ,, I'll call the breeder

sandnuka

Please do.... Its driving me crazy! lol... so if thats not it... I really give up..... but when you talk to the breeder let me know.

aaronfeeney

lamprologus sexfasciatus

the breeder said lamprologus brichardi but upon searching the internet it's really a sexfasciatus

Kingstature

I agree

Oh nice work aaron, Good job getting to the bottom of it.. I still have not discovered what my mystery fish is.. :king:

aaronfeeney

I thought sexfaciatus too,

but gobluecichlid showed me the 5 striped lamprologus and matches ,, sexfaciatus has 6 stripes and yes they are tanganykian and don't really belong with all the mbuna I have, but for now seem OK

aaronfeeney

acei huh???

maybe we'll have to see how it grows out ,, I have a couple larger ps. acei that are ddark blue with yellow fins

Status
Not open for further replies.