new tank...180

Kaie

Great..... Now i'm weary of buying a used tank.

Looks big. My oscar would get a tiny cichlid hardon :cheers: after being in his 55gal for 5years [6 months with me].

A

Anonymous

Thanks everyone! More pics to come today after I get home and set the rocks in the tank!

A

Anonymous

I got rock.

b9753b75.jpg

A

Anonymous

88f620ce.jpg

b3c01b7b.jpg

53b09bd0.jpg

208a0da9.jpg

Princess Pia lending a hand
c08b885b.jpg

I still have about 35 pounds in my other tank to put in there.

A

Anonymous

So, all the levels have been dead on for a few days. The rocks are in and...so are the fish. Everyone is happy, checking out new territory and really swimming! They knew it was coming, but they had no idea how big their new home was! All 4 filters are on the tank, both heaters and all the rock is in the tank now. I will snap a few pictures in a minute. Just want to let them settle down and eat a little bit.

sandnuka

Think you should spread it out.... and stand the rocks up... leaning back against the back of the tank..... just a suggestion... dont know if you tried that and it looked lame????

A

Anonymous

Man, they are REALLY digging all the cool hiding places and the wide open sandy areas. I swear the little ones are playing in the sand..lol

A

Anonymous

sandnuka said:
Think you should spread it out.... and stand the rocks up... leaning back against the back of the tank..... just a suggestion... dont know if you tried that and it looked lame????
I wanted to make one central area with rocks, I like the way it is laid out, when you see it in person, you will know why. They did just as I expected, they followed the big Front around and deposited themselves where they felt comfortable. It is like an apartment complex..lol..I wanted to have two distinct sandy, open areas separated by a rocky area. It looks just how I want it to look.

jettej

LOL can't wait to see it. I'll stay at the computer for a moment just to catch those photos you'll gonna post.