My 50g acrylic

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Hey all, I am planning to sell my 50g acrylic tank with stand soon and am wondering what I should ask for it ( hence, why I posted this in the lounge).

I bought the tank and stand for $100 about 3-4 years ago, but I do not feel it is worth that now.
I’d consider the tank to be great, but the stand is one of those pressboard things with Varneer finishes ( making it worthless in my eyes).

the tank though is cool as it’s different than other 50 gallons as it is still 4 feet long, but it’s actually 15” wide instead of the traditional 12” wide. It is shorter than standard 50 gallons.

I know a lot of people consider used acrylic at $1.50 a gallon, or should I say they used to consider that. Not sure on going rate.

anyways, I’d love to hear what you think is fair to ask before throwing it up on CL / Facebook / or even here ( though I can’t think of any active members that would even want a tank this small). 337A819E-4983-4AA7-9FB7-68312E7E2778.jpeg337A819E-4983-4AA7-9FB7-68312E7E2778.jpeg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Tough call, the footprint of the tank makes it very much worth top dollar. If I were putting it up on Craigslist I would start around $150 at the lowest for tank and stand, if adding anything else like filter, light, heater, etc. then price goes up.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I posted it for $75 ( on Facebook), and will get it up for sale on here with everything that comes with it shortly, but I’d rather be more specific here in the off chance someone is interested in a small tank with a decent footprint.