Kludge Alert--Our Redneck Faucet Adaptor

Steelpony

Here's our solution to the fancy-faucet-fights-Python problem.

Three brass adaptors, starting at the Python end: 3/4" male to 1/2" female, then 1/2" male to 3/8" female, finally to a 3/8" nipple. Got a length of 5/8" vinyl tubing. Heated one end in boiling water, expanded it by cramming the tapered handles of some kitchen utensils. Then quickly fitted it over the end of the Moen pull-down hose (faucet head removed). It cooled and sealed pretty well without using hose clamps. At the other end of the vinyl tube, we screwed in the brass adaptor. Voila! It worked great for filling the tank.

All parts came from Ace hardware; staff as always helpful and positive. Ace is the place! (Shameless plug, I know, but they have helped me piece together odd projects before.)

IMG_20170823_212738_009.jpg IMG_20170823_215137_502.jpg

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Here's our solution to the fancy-faucet-fights-Python problem.

Three brass adaptors, starting at the Python end: 3/4" male to 1/2" female, then 1/2" male to 3/8" female, finally to a 3/8" nipple. Got a length of 5/8" vinyl tubing. Heated one end in boiling water, expanded it by cramming the tapered handles of some kitchen utensils. Then quickly fitted it over the end of the Moen pull-down hose (faucet head removed). It cooled and sealed pretty well without using hose clamps. At the other end of the vinyl tube, we screwed in the brass adaptor. Voila! It worked great for filling the tank.

All parts came from Ace hardware; staff as always helpful and positive. Ace is the place! (Shameless plug, I know, but they have helped me piece together odd projects before.)

View attachment 4204 View attachment 4205

Wow that turned out great! Thanks for sharing!