I'm Looking For Pictus Catfish And Black Ghost Knife

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Pretty common to find the pictus at petsmart, petco and just about any of the fish stores.

The small black ghost knife is carried at petsmart (at least the one in Lakewood). Most people selling them here would probably be selling larger ones.

aaronfeeney

Tropical fish world in sumner has some ghost knifes and pictus cats. Not sure if they are clown knifes or black though, wasn't really paying that much attn.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
joseZ. said:
yeah i dont like buying fish from petsmart and petco they are unhealthy does anyone know of a store that sells black ghost knifes (not petsmart nor petco)
Not to be stirring up a debate but I disagree with that statement about them having unhealthy fish. They have some problems at times but so have other "fish only" places that have years of experience. I have seen some of these higher end fish stores trying to sell fish with ick, fungus, and fin rot. If I were to score the cleanliness of a stores tanks and the health of the fish in general, Petsmart would actually be very high on that list. Petco has not impressed me as much, because I have seen many malnourished and skinny fish in their tanks.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Op had asked for close to Tacoma, APFP is a bit out of the way but yes they do have a nice selection of fish.