How to treat Fungus?

Madness

Staff member
no, not at all. Just like all meds it will stress them out a bit. If what is wrong is just fungus, than you should treat the entire tank.

Angelman

Angel fish with white eye growth
My Angel Fish's eye clouded over and the whiteness continued to grow until it was about 4x the size of his eye and was loosely flapping as he swam--it literally looked like he had a small wet cotton ball attached to his eye. I
finally got the net out and scraped it off as he swam by. It took half his eye with it. I've searched on the web but can't find anything even remotely related to this. I'm assuming he's blind in that eye now, so what I'd like to know is whether or not it can spread to the other fish or is going to kill him.
< Unfortunately fish cannot close their eyes to protect them from injury. Sometimes their eyes become damaged by rough handling in coarse nets and that leaves them susceptible to infection. Next time gently wipe the eye with a wet cotton ball to remove the majority of the fungus and treat the tank with Maracyn or erythromycin. Do a 30% water change, make sure the filter is clean. Follow the directions on the package. It may spread but if the water is clean and warm and the rest of the fish are in general good health then it should not spread.-Chuck>
Thanks,
Amy Woods

Madness

Staff member
Angelman said:
Angel fish with white eye growth
My Angel Fish's eye clouded over and the whiteness continued to grow until it was about 4x the size of his eye and was loosely flapping as he swam--it literally looked like he had a small wet cotton ball attached to his eye. I
finally got the net out and scraped it off as he swam by. It took half his eye with it. I've searched on the web but can't find anything even remotely related to this. I'm assuming he's blind in that eye now, so what I'd like to know is whether or not it can spread to the other fish or is going to kill him.
< Unfortunately fish cannot close their eyes to protect them from injury. Sometimes their eyes become damaged by rough handling in coarse nets and that leaves them susceptible to infection. Next time gently wipe the eye with a wet cotton ball to remove the majority of the fungus and treat the tank with Maracyn or erythromycin. Do a 30% water change, make sure the filter is clean. Follow the directions on the package. It may spread but if the water is clean and warm and the rest of the fish are in general good health then it should not spread.-Chuck>
Thanks,
Amy Woods

Im confused. :confused: Are you asking for help, or are you just showing an example of something. :confused: