Hello from Burien

blobaugh

Howdy WaFishBox!

I thought I had posted an intro last summer when @fishguy1978 first told me about this forum, but it seems I was wrong! Better late than never eh?

I am closing in on 4 decades of keeping or being around fish! My parents met at a fish show in Bremerton, and when I was born there were 21 tanks in the house. I have not yet attained that level of tankage. Currently living in Burien with my wife and two kids.

The tank roster includes:
- 50 (salt)

My focus has always been on freshwater tanks. More recently I have begun dabbling in small saltwater tanks. Looking to set up a seahorse tank some time in 2022.

When I met my (now) wife I was living in an apartment in Seattle and only had the 30. Luckily the hobby has grown on her and I have been able to grow the collection of tanks in our house, though I aspire to some day have a fish room like @fishguy1978!

blobaugh

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Let’s see if I can name off all of what I currently have stocked for freshwater:
- Angelfish
- Various plecos
- Various corys
- Electric blue acara
- Roseline sharks
- Columbia tetras
- Zebra danios
- Rainbow danios
- Rasboras
- Shell dwellers (multis)

That may be it. Not as long of a list as I thought. Hehe

I had a 13 gallon nano reef set up, but that imploded during the 115F weather over summer. I was out of the state and no able to help it :(. I gave that tank to a young family who’s kids wanted to have fish actually. They are loving it!
I am prepping a 50 bowfront to turn into a seahorse tank. Something I have always wanted, but not yet had. Looking forward to that!