Forum activity ceasing

CrashSmAshley

While the forum has grown so much, the activity level has died somewhat. The chat is hardly used anymore too. Those of us who have been here since the forum first began remember how exciting logging on every night was. Boy, did we have a blast! This is my attempt at an encouragement post to get everyone active again and to let the new guys know what a fun place this is. Be open, and be yourself. Let your friends know about us, post us on Craigslist, and share us on other forums. I'm sure Mikey would appreciate it!

:beer:

Spyral

This site has pretty much died. It had it's run, then all the regulars pretty much left. Now, it's good place for selling stuff on occasion.

Well, I'm new to the forum and have just re-started my fish hobby. I found the forum here by searching for aquatic plants and fish on line. It's a good place to see what's going on and I check it out every night.

I have a 55g community tank which i've stocked mostly with fish and plants bought from members and sponsors of the GSAS, which as most of you know, has a forum as well.

While at the GSAS auction last weekend I met one of the contribitors of this forum and recommended Ibe on it. I was good to already be on it!

Anyway, I hope more of you will contribute. I will when I can......Ron

finsandfeathers

Well I'm to the south of everyone here in Oregon but do check in regularly since even my not so local forum has been awfully quiet lately. Did get lucky and had a good chat the other night for a while since I always check there.

Don't loose faith things happen, people get busy but some point they start migrating back

Paintguy

As with any "hobby" there an exciting start, peak, then fade. This site will still have a ton of answers in the forums to search for & many useful tools like the local fish store rating system so newcomers know where to go & where to avoid.

GilbertonFisher

in just the short time ive been on its died. i'm a bit saddened, but i still check in several times a day for fun! I hope it picks up though, I'm not on FaceCrack anymore and need somewhere new to browse.

Mikey

It happens with all forums, but this summer I will be doing more advertising for the site. I'm printing up posters for all of our sponsors to put up in their stores. It'll pick up again, no worries!

sonnys503

This is by far the most active forum I belong to. GPAS is dead! MFK is active but not by local users, so within the NW, WAfishbox is the most active forum I know of. Most of us are PMing and texting each other, oppose to the chatt room and topic forum.

hbluehunter

I agree with Sonny, MFK is a very active site but as far as locals go fishbox is way more active.. Plus it's nice to meet all the local and semi local (oregon) members. As far as the chat goes i hate to say it but i don't have time to hang around and chat, i'd rather just browse the threads.. :whistle:

protocl

MFK is a whole different category, in terms of Forum usage.
Give Wafishbox more time to accumulate more members.

momsfishn

I've been a member since last June. I've seen it up and down. Some weeks I can't stop by, But I do enjoy this site. I do belong to other sites as well as GSAS, but because this is more local, I guess it feels more like family. But I get to be the "MOM". I do check in often to see if you are all behaving. Remember our fearless leader is a college student. Doing that an trying to keep up with this too, has got to be hard. But kudos to him for getting us all started in this. Anyway it will pick up again. In the mean time if you got something on your chest, spout it out. We haven't had trouble with doing that before. LUVU ALL, MOM "momsfishn"

Kaosu

love this site..i am on allot of other fish forums..including MFK and its other site Aquaria central (smaller tanks not monster)

But this site is fun for local stuff, and people!^_^

....just found out we had a chat room. lol

Adonijah

If we need help with internet advertising I have a buddy who could help us out(With google searches and what not). Just let me know I might be able to get the ball rolling on that!

Mikey said:
It happens with all forums, but this summer I will be doing more advertising for the site. I'm printing up posters for all of our sponsors to put up in their stores. It'll pick up again, no worries!
good idea , i mention the site to everyone ,there are still many that have not heard,

it may cause a little issue with hobbyist selling under store costs ,,,but im up for the challenge

Pleco_Party

Yea this is my favorite Forum by far. I am new to Wafishbox but i can already tell that its filled with the most friendly and experienced people around. Everyone is very helpful. The guys over at midway told me about this forum and I am paying it forward and I'm telling everyone that I know who is into aquariums. Wafishbox is far from a dead forum.

Anthraxx

guys heres a thought. since its obvious that people still come to the site ( im a newbie and ive met a cpl others recently ) that i would say its far from dead as well. if there isnt enough activity then the best thing to do is go get the word of mouth out. i had no idea someone made a site for us washingtonians until a cpl weeks ago. been giving free fish to pet&pals for years lol. just keep getting that word out and get stuff up.

Pleco_Party

Anthraxx said:
guys heres a thought. since its obvious that people still come to the site ( im a newbie and ive met a cpl others recently ) that i would say its far from dead as well. if there isnt enough activity then the best thing to do is go get the word of mouth out. i had no idea someone made a site for us washingtonians until a cpl weeks ago. been giving free fish to pet&pals for years lol. just keep getting that word out and get stuff up.
Agreed. :!: