Fish on your bucket list

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
So what are the fish on your fish keeping bucket list?

For me I have two lists, the one is a realistic list that one day I could own them and the other is the dream bucket list because the fish are just too expensive or illegal.

My realistic bucket list: (One day, it will be mine...  :lmfao:  )
Black arowana
Fahaka Puffer
Umbee
FW ray    

My dream bucket list: (Lets face it, either too expensive or just plain illegal)
Asian arowana      

Cross River Puffer
Snakehead

Arapaima    

Not fish but aquatic in nature - Fly River Turtle

So what would be on your list?

A

Anonymous

The list is in my signature DMD123. I've actually raised them but had to re-home them because they would out grow my tank. So, the Bucket list would include a 400 gallon tank so I can house all the fish in my signature.

:D

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I still see a 400 gallon as an achievable tank in your lifetime (after all your only 40). So I put that into the realistic bucket list.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
ShortyKiloGyrl said:
Can you image those both in the same tank. :)
I can imagine the pinoy angelfish because I could actually afford one. The pleco is on the dream list.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
ShortyKiloGyrl said:
Pinoy's aren't cheap either though. I've seen them 50+ for 1 fish. Too much for my pockets.
That is still on my affordable list. On my dream list, the cross river puffer can be $400-$500 for a 3"-5" fish if you can even find one.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
What Ive read says one Tablespoon of salt per five gallon would be good for them. So brackish would be right. But aquatic with flippers and not needing a basking area to climb out on are pretty cool.

CMooreCichlids

I don't really have a fish bucket list, but I have a tank bucket list.

Two tanks that taunt my dreams...

An 8'x4'x4' peacock bass, altifron, widebar silver dollar tank
And a 12'x3'x3' planted altum angel Amazon biotope tank with a movable terrarium ontop.

I just have to get my wife to agree to such craziness and the building will begin!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
FRT's get pretty big, at 22"-28" from the different sites Ive looked at. The thing can apparently get to 50 pounds!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
CMooreCichlids said:
I just have to get my wife to agree to such craziness and the building will begin!
It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission.  :D 

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
DMD123 said:
FRT's get pretty big, at 22"-28" from the different sites Ive looked at. The thing can apparently get to 50 pounds!
Wholey moses. I'll just come visit the DMD Aquarium when you get one :) haha

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
If I did get a FRT, I would have to charge an admittance fee.

CMooreCichlids

DMD123 said:
CMooreCichlids said:
It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission.  :D 
That's very true, but kicking the In-Laws out to build my 12' planted altum tank would probably be a deal breaker.