Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Here is my first order with https://buceplant.com/
unnamed(1).jpg
My order was for a 5 pot package of Anubias Hastifolia
Cost? Total with shipping was $35.49

Here is the box that came in.
IMG_20210112_124733744.jpg
Inside plats are well arranged. A couple leaves looked folded but when I pulled them out of the box they seemed fine.
IMG_20210112_124802356.jpg

The bag out of the box
IMG_20210112_124824247.jpg
The height of the plants seems to be about 5 1/5" not counting pot
IMG_20210112_124905969.jpg

I am going to start mounting these onto wood and rock this afternoon.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Some close ups

This was the nicest looking one of them all
IMG_20210112_133456714.jpg

This one did get a bit of leaf fold in it, if you look closely you can see it is two plants in there.
IMG_20210112_133508484.jpg

You can see the arrowhead shaped leaf of this one.
IMG_20210112_133436626.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Nice! That's a great price for such nice plants! How long did they take to get here?

Order was placed on Thursday, January 7 at 9:53pm. On Friday, January 8 I had a shipping confirmation with tracking, but Fed Ex site was down so I could not actually track it. Today January 12, I received it at about 1 pm.

Package shipped out from California and it was the cheapest ground option.

Sign up for their emails and you get a coupon to use on your first order. I totally missed that and just did it all through Amazon Pay. Oh well, just passing that along to others. I got like 50 rewards point too. Have not looked into what that actually gets you but will likely order from them again. This was my tall type background plant so now I am going to look for a short variant.

Out of the 5 pots, 2 appeared as one plant but when pulled from pot were actually two plants. Very small mind you but had 3+ leaves to each so I ended up with 7 plants total. Tank looks way overcrowded right now with these all taking up floor space, so likely can move a couple over to the 65b community tank.

Last edited:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Thats what I'm talkin about baby! Way to go . Looking forward to more pics. I like Buceplant
Thanks, this was a big step in my hobby. Im very happy with what I got and the price paid. I think the puffer likes the broad leaf cover too. Hope these ones get as tall as they say, 12”-16” would look pretty cool .

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
So Im updating this one because I just did not have good success with this particular plant. In the 9 months Ive had them they basically have just slowly died off with only two left and Ive decided to pass those along to a more experienced plant keeper to see if he can get them to bounce back. For me it was a yellowing of leaves one at a time until basically they just lost all the leaves and died. These plants have not grown at all from what Ive seen beside some long roots.

This is what they look like now
4E58D6E3-5EC7-4C50-9C6A-2B9FB285C31D.jpeg
3FE15F0A-8F67-496F-8CE9-6118BD10401A.jpeg

I did pass on a couple to @lloyd378 and am not sure how they did for him but mine were not happy with me.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Passed these along to a more experienced plant keeper @John58Ford and am going to try something different.

Not sure if I will order from Buce or just get local fish store stuff.