Convict Rescue

Kaosu

ahaha yeah..not quite 200 yet o_O...your short a few!!!

really enjoy my cons and there attitude..they are my monsters in small bodies ..not to mention my tailless girl is so cute AND....every one loves to eat con babies..

none of them even make it to a 1/2 inch.. every one eats con wigglers >.>EVERYONE ..even my little killi fish they love chasing them around..awesome feeders if you want to feed small fish but gaahh i tried to grow some out to 1/2 inch and it took forever even power feeding them.

Ratlova30

Part of the reason why I didn't want to get cons, I know I would have had trouble sacrificing the babies. It's the reason I have platy fry coming out my ears but it's easier to find homes for them. I like your female, tough little chicky

Kaosu

Ratlova30 said:
Part of the reason why I didn't want to get cons, I know I would have had trouble sacrificing the babies. It's the reason I have platy fry coming out my ears but it's easier to find homes for them. I like your female, tough little chicky
yeah...they breed so much, but I sacrificed a community tank to keep her alive and healthy...so she works for her space.

I have no problems feeding them to my fish..most are fed as wigglers or barely swimming, a few are left with the parent until they start to spawn again..when they are rounded up and dumped in to the Sculpin tank.

she is sooooo mean and beats up her male all the time ..he just hides from her...

she earns her keep by feeding my other fish! ^_^

Ratlova30

cichlids sure are fun. I've started drifting away from the heavily planted community tanks, just so much work. I spent a couple hours yesterday on my small tropical community pruning plants and putting everyone who managed to pass "the great wall of aquaria". I got the calico plecos back on the right side and I came back an hour later and they both managed to get on the fry side again :scratch:

Anyways I love coming home to my jewel cichlid. His tank is right next to the door and he's always got his face shoved into the corner when I open the door. He tries his best to follow me around. I'm hoping my soon to be HRP will behave similarly.

Kaosu

ok time for an update..these guys are little monsters..just spawned again and boasting some love war wounds

..she is so mean once the eggs hatch he is banished to the far side of the tank
DSC08071.jpg

he is ssooo pretty i love his fins!
DSC08070.jpg

WHAT YOU LOOKING AT?!
DSC08069.jpg

love bites
DSC08060.jpg

DSC08059.jpg

DSC08057.jpg

DSC08062.jpg

DSC08063.jpg