Astatotilapia Calliptera

GilbertonFisher

I picked up Icers group last Friday and I came home today to one female holding, super excited! This would be my first cichlids spawn. Tips and tricks greatly appreciated!!

Anthraxx

Nice Congrats. well for starters since its already an adult group u can get the fry. typically most will isolate the female in another tank (cycled of course) with a cpl of places to hide and chill. come the 2-2.5 week mark youll want to "strip" her if you want to have good numbers, if not leave it be. there is TONS of videos online and quite a large section on breeding african cichlids at Cichlid-forum.com, also i would consider picking up a breeder net (one of those mesh ones) so that any fry u get after these will have somewhere to go. mixing generations right off the bat is a recipe for disaster. i myself have one 8g for freshly stripped fry, complete w/ breeder net for multiple generations, and then a bare bottom 20g w/ some rocks and sponge filters for growout. they typically will be sellable at around the 1/2inch mark. hope some of this helps a little. PM me if you have any other questions. always happy to help a fellow african keeper :cheers: