Young festae love! <3

Jessikins

The new female dancing with the male. Thank you again Madness!

Excuse the phone photo quality

When she gets tired of him she goes back through the barrier and he won't follow. It's kinda funny!

Madness

Staff member
MorganEA said:
wow nice color! he is really showing off for her.
Very rarely in nature are the females more colorful than the males. Exception; the Festae. The female is the bright beautiful fish. Dont get me wrong, the males can look amazing also, My male:
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]

I am sure that as soon as Jessi's male gets more into it, he too will start to change his colors.

She looks amazing Jessi, glad you like her. Im thinking maybe I should have kept her for myself. LOL

Jessikins

I love her! I feel like I'm gonna have to split my time this evening between watching the Hawks beat the snot out of Rams and staring at the tank.

He was throwing some bars earlier this morning but he has been light and spangled for the most part. If/when they decide to make some babes I'm sure he will color up like no other. No jaw locking yet, I'm sure it's only a matter of time. He is very territorial and is slowly letting her get close to and enter his cave. It's really interesting to watch. Every time she has had enough of his antics she goes back through the separator and he stays on his side. :spoton: 

Jessikins

fishNAbowl said:
Awesome pictures! <3 Festae!
Thanks fishNAbowl, I had to break out the fancy camera. I couldn't handle the stupid phone pictures anymore. Don't mind the scratched up acrylic.... :D

PRETTY!!! Yeah, you could totally stick a piece of manzanita driftwood in there (just gotta be kinda crafty with bending the branches, so that it fits through the tiny opening, think Ship in a Bottle)

and then maybe one plant or a type of moss. Then some shrimp here and there. YAY! hahaha

MRTom

Manzanita, small Marimo balls and air line!!! Pole dancing Marimo balls!!! Make it so! (I am a huge fan of these glass containers)

Jessikins

PokeSephiroth said:
PRETTY!!! Yeah, you could totally stick a piece of manzanita driftwood in there (just gotta be kinda crafty with bending the branches, so that it fits through the tiny opening, think Ship in a Bottle)

and then maybe one plant or a type of moss. Then some shrimp here and there. YAY! hahaha
I need to find some of the manzanita driftwood that I want to squeeze into that thing! It will be a fun project that's for sure. I am going to get this planted tank rolling first before I jump into that one!

MRTom said:
Manzanita, small Marimo balls and air line!!! Pole dancing Marimo balls!!! Make it so! (I am a huge fan of these glass containers)
I definitely like the pole dancing marimo balls idea! :afro: 

dwarfpike said:
Darn good looking pair!! :spoton: 
Thanks dwarfpike! I hope they decide they like each other! :hugg: I have a feeling they are going to be testing it out for awhile...

Jessikins

Digging a love trench along the back wall. He was being a mean bean, so I've had them separated all day. No jaw locking yet. Just shimmy shaking and the occasional chase. Goofy fishes to watch.