Yoma danio- Danio feegradei (monster danios)

Kaosu

Yoma danio- Danio feegradei (monster danios)

Has any one seen these fish before?...or kept them.

two for now maybe more to come when i up grade my 65 to a 90.

they are schooling nicely with my Madagascar rainbows, and maccullochi rainbow!..

here are a few pics..they are fast and hard to get clear shots of but they are such pretty fish!.

the mail has bright orange markings on his body and fins..just like my Madagascar males and the female yomas have white..just like the Madagascar females^_^

they look allot like little colorful trout to me ..they max out about 3 -3 1/2 inches.
DSC08276.jpg

DSC08272.jpg

DSC08275.jpg

DSC08273.jpg

DSC08274.jpg

DSC08258.jpg

[flash=425,350]http://youtube.com/v/CZg4bSvlovs" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

sorry my camera sucks :( ..does not do them justice.

Nick_87

Re: Yoma danio- Danio feegradei (monster danios)

Are those different then the "giant danios" they always have at petsmart cus I have three of those and they are very active fish. fun to watch!

Kaosu

Re: Yoma danio- Danio feegradei (monster danios)

Nick_87 said:
Are those different then the "giant danios" they always have at petsmart cus I have three of those and they are very active fish. fun to watch!
yes very different you cannot get these at petsmart of petco :p

Giant Danios are Devario aequipinnatus

these look more like little gray/blue trout with gold and orange flecks threw out..and bright orange fins for the male..get bigger than giant danios. ( ok i was wrong they get about the same size)
these just came in to the hobby around 05