yellow mystery snal: cracked shell and a red spot on shell.

protocl

so, i have 2 of these wonderful snails, but one has a crack from the lip of the front, near the head area, and the other snail has 1 or 2 red spots.
diagnosis?

on the upside, they laid eggs, but half of them dropped in the tank, before i noticed it while cleaning, still have at least 40 eggs left.

SomethingFishy

Now are the spots on the shell or the snail? And as far as the crack aslong as no flesh is expose you should be good and or is it still in the shell. Alot of the time I have noticed they fall from top the tank and crack their shells.

SomethingFishy

Also I have been searching for a better answer for the spots on the shell from all that i could find for ya was sometimes depending on its species they tend to have spots on their shells. I will be doing more investigation on this if you could pm me a picture I will find the answer.

protocl

SomethingFishy said:
Also I have been searching for a better answer for the spots on the shell from all that i could find for ya was sometimes depending on its species they tend to have spots on their shells. I will be doing more investigation on this if you could pm me a picture I will find the answer.
thank you, thank you!
1255fc99.jpg

a82c87ac.jpg

BTW: still interested in the digital thermometer?

SomethingFishy

I will be up that way on friday around 6 or 7 lol so yeah will be picking them up lol and yoru welcome when i find a problem i fight really hard to solve it lol!!

protocl

SomethingFishy said:
I will be up that way on friday around 6 or 7 lol so yeah will be picking them up lol and yoru welcome when i find a problem i fight really hard to solve it lol!!
ok call me, did you read that PM containing my number? let me know where you wanna meet and then ill meet you half way.
i get off of work 5:50.

dkpate

Old thread, but ground up cuttle bone helps ALOT with snail shells. I put about 1/2 tsp in each of my tanks every week. You can also bury half the cuttle in the substrate. I have a pantload of snails, and they all have beautiful shells. :)