WTB Veggie Clip (Seattle)

Ali

Anybody have some of these lying around they want to sell?

I'm seeing a lot of different ones online, all are relatively cheap but of course will get a lot pricier after shipping. Anybody have recommendations for ones they really like and have held up?

Betty

Staff member
Do you ever make it out to Sierra Fish and Pets? I picked mine up at Sierra in Renton. It's been a long time, but I think they were $1.50 ~ $2, something like that. For sale individually in a big container and not packaged up like you usually see them. They've held up well.

(If you don't mind getting your arm wet, you can always rubber band your veggies to a rock or stick it with a fork or some other item to weight it down and drop it in.)

flamechica

I know you didn't ask for make shift items, but since Betty suggested the rubberband idea, I figured I would throw this one out there. The other day, I didn't feel like going on a hint for veggie clips, so I used a bamboo kabob skewer. It was perfect in my tank because my 20L isn't so deep that the whole thing was submerged, even with the pointy end shoved into the substrate for support. So, I didn't even have to get my hands wet putting it in or removing it. I happen to have a huge box full of skewers since my hubby likes to bbq.

tazeat

I use cheap $1 store metal stainless forks (comes in sets of 4). Prick it in the squash, zucchini, whatever, drop it in.