worst week EVER!!!

Mikey

It's good that you guys have your own opinions. And in my book, BOTH are personal opinions and preferences, so they can be used individually. If I can avoid using chemicals, I prefer to. Sometimes, however, I don't have the patience to, so I use them in moderation.

Keep us updated Bagel, we'd love to help you start out on the right foot. :)

larry.beck

Love the passion and the fact that everyone is touting their solutions, not just bashing each other. Cheers to all!

(PS - I'm with Ice - for algae bloom or overfeeding I would let time solve my problem. I take the same approach for things like ich - salt and heat. But for injuries or parasites I'm not above using medications either - but I use a hospital tank so as not to disrupt the balance in the tank).

Mikey

larry.beck said:
Love the passion and the fact that everyone is touting their solutions, not just bashing each other. Cheers to all!
We have a great group of people on this site, I love it.

OKAY, back on topic ;)

IceBerg

baglel10 said:
i did all of them i cut down on feeding i turn the lights off for whole days and did water changes and it barly help
Days? LOL! You should have kept up with the program for weeks! Just the fact that you called it two WHOLE DAYS means you need to learn some patience. Remember only bad things happen quickly in a fish tank. Fixing problems take time. You can do it Bagle10! We are all routing for you!:D

sandnuka

Iceberg..... you keep referring to him as a kid.... he is 15, probably has already entered man hood..... So you can start referrin to him with his name (people can be offended by that).... your gettin too old buddy.

IceBerg

LOL! Yeah to Larry we are still kids. Bagel is still a 15 year old kid in my opinion. I mean you are basically ***** until you reach the age of 18. And don’t worry Sandman only women can get offended! ;)

sandnuka

I say your a man when you been with a women.... sure bagel has been there ;) ...... maybe iceburg hasnt yet... lol j/k... anyway, this is gettin waaaay off what bagel intended this thread to be, so back on topic.... bagel, set your tank up away from any natural sunlight.... the sun always sparks huge alge blooms for me.... Since your emptyin' it out and startin from scratch anyway! good luck man, let us know on your progress.

Betty

Staff member
and betty my fish add up to be 11 icnhes in 4 fish so they should be fine its not that long
I looked through your other topics -- are these the fish from your 29 gallon tank that was clouded up? They look like African cichlids and at that size they can be quite aggressive. Are they doing okay for now?

I asked earlier if you had an established (used and dirty) filter on the temporary 10 gallon because if you used a clean new one, you will have to keep a close eye on your ammonia and nitrite readings.

Cycling new tanks and working out stocklists can be complicated stuff. :shock:

A

Anonymous

teddyzaper said:
nerites dont work for me, my apples on teh other hand go crazy!
Dude, 40 Nerites cleaned all the algae out of my 180 (with 130 pounds of TH Rock) in less than a week.