worms have to go now but how??? need advice please

anthony

i have those white/ brown worms in my gravel from over feeding. i had them a couple of years ago in a smaller tank i did 2 weeks of gravel vac, hardly fed my fish scrubbed my filter ect. and got rid of them.. now my tank is bigger my time and patience is shorter. i live in an apartment and i dont want worms in my kitchen sink. its just sick.. as harmless as they are i need them gone im looking for the chemical/ medicine solution if there is one, i heard salt and quick cure?? ive got bichirs and plecos is there any easy way to get rid of these things. thanks... and yes guilty of over feeding,and not enough vacuming

Madness

Staff member
Stop feeding your fish for a few days, or feed them very minimal. If you think that your gravel has a bunch of them, you should look in your canister filter if you have one. These things thrive on uneaten food.

Or/and add some loaches to the tank.

anthony

yes they are in my canister thats why i would like to kill them without sterilizing my canister,whole fish tank and killing off my good bacteria, since im a little overstocked i dont want to go from one problem to another so im in search of a chemical solution

A

Anonymous

Aquarium Co-Op said:
Actually there is a chemical. Research flubendizole. This is a common problem is shrimp only tanks. Fenbendizole can be found commonly in dog dewormer at any pet store.

Keep in mind what you WANT is FLUbendizole... it's a liquid form easy to dissolve into water. the FENbendizole is powder form and much harder to dissolve into water.

http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/library/52784-planaria-hydra-elimination-shrimp-tanks.html
It works and does not kill off livestock especially my freshwater dwarf shrimps. Google "how to kill planaria worms" there is youtube vid on how.

Kaosu

Aquarium Co-Op said:
Actually there is a chemical. Research flubendizole. This is a common problem is shrimp only tanks. Fenbendizole can be found commonly in dog dewormer at any pet store.

Keep in mind what you WANT is FLUbendizole... it's a liquid form easy to dissolve into water. the FENbendizole is powder form and much harder to dissolve into water.

http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/library/52784-planaria-hydra-elimination-shrimp-tanks.html

when i was treating my main tank for parasites i got the powdered dog dewormer ..to get it to dissolve I put it in a cup with a splash of vodka...mixed up well before adding water,  a table spoon at most for two packets in to my 65g..no one was harmed.

Got the Idea from a member on another forum who could only find the power as well.

good luck...my snails all dies from it.