Woke up, found arowana on kitchen floor.

protocl

Happend like 3 minutes ago.

I fell asleep watching tv in the Living room. I first woke up to a hard splash, looked at my tank everything looked fine. Not even a minute, SPLASH!!!!, flop, flop, flop!!!! She landed next to my GF's dog that sleeps in the kitchen, dog looked at my fish like WTH?!?
Ran to the kitchen, grabbed my aro, proceeded to put her back into the tank. I'm not sure how the pike place fish market guys catch those thrown fishes, it was difficult to handle her.
I'm not sure how she manage to actually lift the grated cover off, but she did. Now I have stainless steel item just sitting ontop of it to help weigh it down. Some thing shouldve weighed the cover down before this, never thought my arowana would ever want to go 'superwoman' on me.

Sheesh.

protocl

6:30 am right now, she seem fine.

On another note, why is the post time incorrect?
That situation happend at 2ish am.

Ashley

This is probably one of the only things I don't like about aros. They jump so damn much. I remember we were doing a water change and our 18" aro jumped out of the tank, about 4ft and straight for the wall. Hit the wall, was bleeding out of his gills and everything (we were sure we were going to have to put him out of his misery) put him in the tank for a couple minutes and was swimming fine within the hour. They are pretty damn hearty! My suggestion would just be leave the lights out for a while so he isn't too stressed! Good luck, but I bet he will make it!

CrashSmAshley

When my dad first had his Aro in the 120 gallon, we had to replace the light fixture so many times lmao. How is she doing? I hope she isn't too stressed from the shock

protocl

Thank you all for the concerns.

This morning she acted normal an eating. The tank water looks kind of yellow now.
When I turned on the xenon light, she tried to jump knock it off, so I turned it off.
The fixture was off all last night.
She probably have some physical trauma, the only visible sign of her late night flying lesson is a redish bump
on her lower jaw.

This little peculiar incident reminds me of a teenager, sneaking out of the house bu got caught. Lol