Wild Rio Mag Umbee Pair

fishman09

thats gonna be an epic tank if all the pairs get along and dont rip eachother apart. my dovii wont even allow a pair of cons a 1 foot square in their tank. i think they became lunch lol cichlids can be so tempermental.

Madness

Staff member
Ya its going to be interesting. The pairs are going to be, 11" blue devil/9"barred red devil, 12"Bifasciatus/a female soon to be here, 11" M/6" F RTM, the last pair may be my Hoga's (but dontwant any crossing between them and the devils), possibly my 12" M/8" F Argentea, or my 8" M Red Tex/5" F

Thats enough about mine, I will start my own thread when I get it going. This one is about that redonculous looking Umbee with those amazing blues. :D

fishman09

Update Pics

they look close to spawning and are just doing very very well. the male has put on a solid inch since i got him and is about 6" and the female is about 5.5". they getting friskier by the day with lots of displaying and head shaking by the male and shes been nudging him. also love the lack off aggression between the two which worried me about pairing umbees but so far so good. most all with flaskh as they like to hang in the dark areas of the tank but threw in a non flash to show that crazy blue. thanks :D

SAM_0847.jpg

SAM_0849.jpg

SAM_0861.jpg

SAM_0871.jpg

SAM_0876.jpg

SAM_0901.jpg

SAM_0887.jpg

SAM_0884.jpg

SAM_0883.jpg

fishman09

UPDATE

quick video on the umbees looking awesome. looks like im due for a spawn soon :D

[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/q6CuZCAHHYY" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

Madness

Staff member
The female will turn a yellow color and have red spangling in the face.. Very nice coloring