Who is going to the auction tomorrow?

mickyfree

From what I can tell there won't be many African cichlids up for auction. Which sucks, but I am still going to be out there to see what all is there. Any of you all going? We need to grow the African cichlid section up! There is so many central american guys we need to get the African cichlids going!!

L190

I'm going tomorrow to pick up some xenotilapia kilesa and julidochromis transcripts from a breeder.

Betty

Staff member
I agree; there are some African breeders, but not enough! I've been to quite a few meetings/auctions and the big annual auctions and there have been some, but not many cichlids of any type, not just Africans. A few years ago I got a bag of 5 or 6 saulosi for $1 because no one was interested in bidding on them. :(

I was planning on attending this auction, but something has come up. If I have enough time after, I might try to make it up.

Bob

L190 said:
I'm going tomorrow to pick up some xenotilapia kilesa and julidochromis transcripts from a breeder.

Um where are you getting xenotilapia kilesa from? I want some!

Madness

Staff member
I want to but its our last week of bowling. Us coaches throw a big end of year event for the kids with prizes and scholarship money. I wish it was next week :(

L190

That's a secret vicmaki. Jk. I'm getting them from jay and carol. They're the people who run the cares program and run the meeting auction.

Bob

Oh i know them, i go up to their place at least once a month. I didnt know they had them available though. I will have to send them a strongly worded email!

keman

Katie and I are going to be there, Leaving Auburn around 8:30. Looking forward to seeing folks there and finding some good bargains...