Where to Buy?

earthfish

I had a thread like this a while back, But I couldn't find it so I started a new one. I need to know where the best place is to get cichlids.
I have already ordered from live aquaria and plan on doing the same with Jeff rapps soon. But there has to be better sites. There just has to be. I love Tangled up in cichlids but I'm looking for more than one site to look at.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I would totally recommend The Wet Spot in Portland. Because of the short distance, shipping is $15, which sure beats the cost of driving down. I just ordered a couple bichirs from them and was very happy with what they sent. They have a pretty decent cichlid selection too.

http://www.wetspottropicalfish.com/index.php/fish

plumcuda

I order all my fish from The Wet Spot out of Portland, Ore. I have never gotten a sick fish from them and it's only 15.00 shipping. I'm 50 + miles and a ferry ride from Seattle, so this is much cheaper for me. And they have a great selection and great prices.Going to be a bunch of fish from them in a couple weeks. I actually am going to be checking out the store this time.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I recently ordered from these guys too: http://www.petsolutions.com/C/Live-Aquarium-Fish.aspx

I ordered two bichir and shipping was $19.99 for next day air. They dont have a huge selection or any real odd ball cichlids but very happy with the way fish arrived.

Knowing shipping cost, I still think The Wet Spot in Portland is the way to go.

I work for neither but have done business with both and would get their stock again.

Little Africa Aquatics(Greg)

Cichlids and hereps(Allison)

both have solid WC & TR stocklists

TFP

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I've ordered a couple of fish( umbee) from festae factory..,, it's a page on Facebook. All fish came in healthy.  I also shop ALL of the time at the MAdness emporium .  For lfs, you can usually find decent cichlids at most,with the ine on the westside of olympia being pretty cool. I have also specially ordered in fish through petco. josh now at the Tacoma store will do this for you...... If you ask nicely. They order from seagrest farms so you can check out their website for stock lists and then go place your order with him.  No shipping costs, but it took me longer to get the fish in. I was successful doing this twice when he was at the Lakewood store