Where can I find a 5 gallon hood??

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
I have a perfectly fine maybe 3 year old 5 gallon tank that the light in the hood has gone out. I looked on Petco and other sites briefly and pretty much discovered I can buy a whole new tank for cheaper!! Ridiculous! Does anyone know where I can find a cheap one or if anyone has one for sale close by? I live in Aberdeen so of course I don't want to travel too far to get one. But also understand I may have to make a short (within an hour) trip to get one.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Well the top works fine. Just the light is burnt out. The hood works great. I just feel bad for the fish only having what light comes in through the windows.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
I believe that if I remember correctly it's 15". Where the hood would sit inside the lip of the top black frame. I'm not at home so I would have to double check.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
The measurements of the current hood I have on there is 7 3/4" x 15 1/4". It's fits almost tightly on the top of the frame of the hood.

icer711

ShortyKiloGyrl said:
The measurements of the current hood I have on there is 7 3/4" x 15 1/4". It's fits almost tightly on the top of the frame of the hood.
ha ha its the same as mine if you want it you can have it..im not a fan of it anyways