Whats your favorite African?!

sandnuka

Im with him on the tropheus.... moorii illangi, or mplungu, even the red rainbow.... Not sure what variant this one is.... think one of those three.. lol... anyway, i love it!
trophe11.jpg

icer711

I have to second that one for the tropheus most favorite but still torn between them and my xmas fulu as most favorite

SEAF

I'm partial to the powder blue coloring on some African Cichlids. The Cobalt Blue is always beautiful. (couldn't get a good pic of him) Recently my male Albino Zebra took on that pale blue color I love. He used to be a solid yellow/orange (1st pic... yeah, I know... it's blurry. No flash and couldn't get him to hold still). The Ice Blue Afra is beautiful too with his irridescent blue and white. (the flash washed him out... but he really is beautiful)

me

aaronfeeney said:
based on looks alone, I don't have one yet but hope to add this to my tank pretty soon.

I recommend checking out Cichlidsofvictoria.com There are some dedicated breeders with really good stock there. I know of at least one breeder on the West coast with some Flamebacks and he has allot of experience shipping. Actually he is the COV site owner. Not sure what he charges, but there are some great deals floating through the site from time to time. Just post a query and I am sure you'll get some responses within a day.

larry.beck

madness Jr said:
hey UWcharlie where can i find a couple of the Cynotilapia afra (Cobue).
I got mine from Dave's Rare Fish, who sources them from Nick A. Mine have had their first clutch of fry but they're only a few weeks old and will take months to grow out.