Whats your favorite African?!

sandnuka

Ok, figured we needed more posts, and more discussion to get this forum poppin..... what is your favorite african cichlid???? everybody participate in this..... Im curious to know what the winner will be.......

I myself would have to say the Tropheus Dubosi....... Or Frontosa Kapampa........

A

Anonymous

Toss up between bleekeri and black calvus. I love both currently I only have the bleekeri. When I set up a tanganikan tank it will bee based around the calvus.

Mikey

My favorite is the Pseudotropheus saulosi.... amazing coloration and fun to breed. 8)

3005033812_bbc8a4a5ae.jpg

sandnuka

Nice Picture.... Good Idea adding pictures to your pick for favorite!!! Hopefully next people who post will do the same.

Kingstature

favorite Africans

Im gonna have to go Eddie Murphy in "Coming to America he was a great african in that movie..LoL.....J/K
Frontosa I like them all, or any Alto Calvus be Yellow, Black, Inkfin, or whatever...
Below are a couple quick pics the fish I currently have..
IMG_0105.jpg

:king:
IMG_0017.jpg
:king:

Kingstature

Thanks man.. So notice his stripe on top of his head its broken, Did you say this is a caused by inbreeding?
this guy is only about 4 inches big...

sandnuka

Mooning (Split bars)

There are so many theorys about mooning (Splitting of the bars) Frontosa.... I've personally seen WC (Wild caught) fronts with mooning though.... Does this make inbreeding out??? Your call..... But I know people that over breed these fish for profit, and dont care about the quality, will breed mooning fish..... Now I am not a big fan of CULLING a fish because a flaw, we all have flaws and no one kills us, well hitler tried.... but I do believe that a fish with a mutation or flaw should NOT be spawned.

On to your fish.... I dont think thats mooning. Looks more like a scare. I attached a pic of a fish around the same age as yours with a mooning problem.

If your really concerned, please dont breed him... he is gorgeous, but you would flooding the market with bad fish.... and I know stupid pet stores that will buy and sell your fish even with the mooning cause they dont know the difference.

moonin10.jpg

CrashSmAshley

Mikey, that fish is gorgeous! :shock:

I too will have to say I'm particularly fond of most frontosas...though I don't have any africans right now haha

sandnuka

Mikey, POTM winner!?

Why you didnt enter that pic in the contest??? is it not yours??? wow, very nice if you did take it!

sandnuka

JEeeeez.... soooo many people want to show there tank!!! Ok, well we gotta a great fish photo contest.... So I am starting a thread, (check show and tell cat.) For show off your tank!!! everyone who wanted to have a tank or other than fish contest better post there picture up for everyone to see in that topic!!!!! Hop to it!

lars on

Love Frontosa

Had one for a couple months, 1" kept him in a 5 gallon, but traded him for the Malawi, still my favorite cichlid.
utf-8BSU1HMDAzMzMuanBn.jpg