What's wrong with my Peacocks eye!?

stierwalt3

So my female Peacock developed a bubble that has a slight blue tint to it, over one of her eyes.It wasn't there yesterday, I have a feeling its from the male that's been beating the crap out of her for the last couple days!?

What do you guys think it may be?

Since I don't have a bigger tank for them yet I'm gonna stick all 3 of my peacocks in my 72gal with the Saulosi and Rustys! Do you think it would be safe or would that stress the female out even more? I'm hoping the male will spread his aggression!

alexmuw

Well, since you already stated the male has been beating her, I'll assume it's from aggression.

You can put just her, into a breeding net to allow her to heal up. Also add some aquarium salt to aid in the healing.

Good luck

icer711

Its just agression she was bit in the eye a few of mine have looked like that before... it the most sensitive part of a fish so when they mean busniess that's the first thing they go for... there goal is to stop it before it ever starts

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
I agree with the bit in the eye, it happened to a couple of our fish and it looked the same way we used "Stress Coat" and kept it in the water for a couple of days and it healed up within about a week. And the fish is now fine.

Betty

Staff member
Make sure the water stays good and clean and watch it to make sure it doesn't worsen. Like everyone said, they will usually get better without treatment. I used to add a splash of Melafix as well.

Are you still seeing aggression?

icer711

mine had there heal in about 3 day with out any meds they were hideing out till it got better think they were ashamed :shock:

icer711

mine had there heal in about 3 day with out any meds they were hideing out till it got better think they were ashamed :shock:

Betty

Staff member
I'm a little worried about her if he is still chasing her around.

You might need to take some steps to lessen the aggression if they don't work it out soon.

aaronfeeney

How big are these peacocks in the 20 gal? Maybe add another or 2 females if theres room , but thats a small tank. You know spread the aggression around a bit.

stierwalt3

aaronfeeney said:
How big are these peacocks in the 20 gal? Maybe add another or 2 females if theres room , but thats a small tank. You know spread the aggression around a bit.

Their almost full grown i would think. I'll be setting up a bigger tank for them tomorrow so I can get a couple more females. I was hoping to have the new tank set up before all this started! :cry:

sandnuka

putting them in with the saulousi would be fine too.... I dont think the male peacock will bother the saulousi at all... mostly just the female peacocks cause he wants to spawn. Keep us updated on her condition.