What's the weird ads. Like meet Asian women ads.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I know... kind of embarrassing when Im on the box and the wife sees it. :lmfao:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Well the other thing is it could just look at your browser history and base the ads off of it... :joker:

Its a joke!

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
DMD123 said:
Well the other thing is it could just look at your browser history and base the ads off of it... :joker:

Its a joke!

Actually that's exactly what ads do. They track all the cookies from sites you've ever been too and serve ads based on that. Now you could be seeing those ads because you looked up a Pho restaurant etc.

If you're opposed to ads, your best bet is to install an ad blocker such as adblock.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I got the Asian dating sight looking for men aged 30-50. I've never looked those up before, but I may have to now... Haha

A

Anonymous

lloyd378 said:
I got the Asian dating sight looking for men aged 30-50. I've never looked those up before, but I may have to now... Haha

LOL!

I am getting health adds. I don't look at health adds. There should be muscle cars, motorcycles and fish stuff popping up for me... Maybe my smart phone knows I am over weight , ate AM/PM once this week and trying to tell me something :suspect:

MRTom

Chatting with folks while doing the job search, I heard things like they also base the ads on things like your IP address, browser signature, cookies, and any other info they can dig up on you (if you use your phone, add call history and GPS history! If you use gmail, the contents of your email too!). If you share internet with the family, that means you might also be getting ads for family members (explaining the health ads when you expect motor ads!) Also, if they so much as suspect you might me a male of any age above 10 years old, you WILL get the asian dating ads, and the mortgage ads. It is a fact of life... get used to it :)

Pro tip: if you visit marinedepot once every few weeks, you might start seeing their ads in place of the asian dating ads, as it looks like they come from the same supplier (I filter both out with the same doubleclick ad filtering rule on my proxy).

B

big01612

Aquarium Co-Op said:
Actually that's exactly what ads do. They track all the cookies from sites you've ever been too and serve ads based on that. Now you could be seeing those ads because you looked up a Pho restaurant etc.

If you're opposed to ads, your best bet is to install an ad blocker such as adblock.
I see what your saying. Cause now I'm seeing iPhone 6 and other smart phone ads. I was checking out the latest phones.