What's for Dinner?

People eat tilapia all the time. Even pangasious catfish. Heck, back in the Philippines, people sold different types of barbs as food. Lol

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Too thin! Now if it were a big thick Oscar or trimac...... You might be able to get some fillets out of it..... Haha

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
PokeSephiroth said:
zombie apocalypse comes, I'm frying all my fish.

Speaking of this..... Is that what you did with those extra large plecos? Haha

.....maybe.

You ever had fish sauce before? In the Philippines it's known as "patis" I'm pretty sure it's made out of zebra plecos. ;-)

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, I've had fish sauce a few times.... In Japan

Mmmm mmm mmm gotta love fish sauce.

I remember watching this video on YouTube of a guy filleting a pleco. Quite disturbing. Don't know if I want to post the link here. I'll leave you to find it if you're curious.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Nope, I was looking for pics of massively fat oscars but can't find them.... There goes my theory on Oscar fillets

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe this will do

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 32

Salzabar

Tried Oscar in Florida and it tasted just like bass. Not bad but wouldn't do it again. Several water ways and canals in Florida are full of them. Most are from the local fish farms that use outdoor ponds to raise tropical fish. A hurricane will cause the ponds to overflow and run into close by waterways. Now Florida is full of oscars, snake heads, tilapia, pacu. All food fish with no limits on how many you can get.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I have a guy who is going to catch me a feral canal midas and ship it to me this spring...., though id love to go catch my own

Back when I was attending college in the Philippines, I knew a guy who had a flower horn that died. Didn't want it to go to waste so he fried it.

I had another friend that had an arrowana that jumped and died. He didn't want to have it rot away so he kept it in his freezer. Don't know if they ate it but it must be frozen still. Somewhere. Maybe? Nah.