what to do?

lilfishie

Well activity has declined on the saltwater section. There are not a lot of saltwater keepers on this site, I know. Lets see what we can do though. Anyone out there have anything to share, please do. Any questions, any interest in setting up a new tank, any new fish or corals you want to share.
Lets start some new posts. Or just to keep in touch.

lilfishie

sidekicking said:
I'm haven't quit lol
but I did sell all my corals so I guess I kinda quit :p
now I just have a simple fwlr set up
Thats not quiting. FOWLR still counts

Is there seriously no other saltwater people still frequenting this site?

Adonijah

Hehe, This Mexico trip I just got back from really put a halt to my prepurchasing plans.

I find in life that there are too many interesting things. Sadly we all have to take a break from going hard in our fish life. Sadly, I ran out of space in my tanks, so I have little desire to talk about fish I want or else Im gonna buy more tanks and well.. I'd rather wait and do a proper salt tank :D

lilfishie

Adonijah said:
I'd rather wait and do a proper salt tank :D
Thats good to hear.

I know how it is, running out of room and wanting another tank or a bigger tank.
Take your time and get it set up right. Any questions about anything, dont hesitate to ask. I'll help if I can.

unconv-reefer

Still Here, I just don't get on the boards much these days.

Update;

I told everyone I was buying another house 6 months early or so to start a new large tank. Well, will be closing on the new place in about 5 weeks, almost a year early. So I'll be starting to design and layout of the next tank pretty soon.

Once it's set up I may be getting rid of a number of corals, and my current tank, I also have a number of things to give away fish related and non fish.

I'll keep everyone updated

lilfishie

Hey congrats on the new house.
Let me know when you decide to let go of some coral. I might have to make the trip. Maybe trade something if your interested.

unconv-reefer

Thanks,

I'll let you know, and it will be easier for you make the trip as the new place is in Kirkland, assuming you are still working in Seattle

Adonijah

Yeah reefer, let us know what you got. Fish related and not, I know there are other guys out there like me that like their excess of toys :)

lilfishie

Spyral said:
I am seriously contemplating a FOWLR tank.
You should do some research on the fish you would like to have. See what size tnak you would need. I sometimes wish I had a lot bigger tank to do a fowlr....Some of the non reef safe fish are just beautiful.

mrsashleyodell

My Nano Reef

I have a 10 Gallon Nano Reef with lots of coral, 4 hermit crabs (2 red, 2 blue), a couple of snails, and a Talbot Damsel. I'm hoping to get a small blenny in the future. I am thinking either a blue and gold or tailspot. Here is my tank and the Damsel:
309857050.jpg
327553660.jpg

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
I am still toying with the idea of a salt water tank, if I get a job. Which I have an interview! lol. I am thinking of swapping over my 26/28 bowfront to a fowlr. I think it would be a beautiful tank to do it with. I want to get a solid dark wood stand for it too. The tropicals I have in there now have dwindled down a bit and could be moved to a smaller tank now.