What media do I need for my tank?

Pleco_Party

So I have a 50 gallon acrylic tank. It has a built in filtration system in it that i need a power head to use. I dont know the first thing about power heads or this filtration system. All i know that its 3 sections and has a hookup coming out of the last column. What i need to know is what media to i need in each colum and what power head do i need. Thanks guys.

Pleco_Party

I think its like a saltwater set up.

-2.jpg

-1.jpg

larry.beck

I think that looks like an all-in-one saltwater setup. If so you'll need bio material to host the BB and some sort of submersible pump that will fit down into the second chamber. I would guess something like a MAG5 would work but you'll have to measure.

I haven't owned one of those setups before, maybe Lilfishie or one of the other salties can chime in with info (as opposed to my speculation). :lol:

Pleco_Party

or they charging that for the whole tank and set up... I DON'T Know lol this is confusing for me. I am out of my realm and out of my league with this one.

icer711

you need a aqua clear power head that is the replacement pump ...then if you go way to the bottom you need a drip tray and lid overs there are 3 different one that cover the top if i remember right ...and also you will need that white part but mine was egg crate and ....i forget the name for it but basically fleece from the fabric store (if i remember the name ill let you know) also the bio balls but i can give you those i have lots layin around....also hit mikey up he has one with a built in filter like that he got working not to long ago as well

Pleco_Party

Yea, Hmm Maybe i can set up a time to meet you or mikey so i can check out your set ups so i can get a full list and know what everything looks like.

Gosu

dunno if you need bioballs still but ive a hole big box of them not being used for anything but legos lol welcome to take em off my hands

Pleco_Party

Hey thank you every body that helped, especially Rick Mikey and Icer711! I was still a little confused after we all talked I even went into midway and the old man in overalls couldn't help me haha but i guess i needed to see something similar to my set up in person. So I went to the federal way Pet Smart and I asked the Asian guy with long hair and he showed me exactly what I needed, He even pulled out a tank and showed me examples lol

But seriously thank you everyone!