What in the world is this?

lilfishie

That is sponge. Good stuff! It also comes in yellow and red and blue. Really good to have. It filters and cleans the water.

SEAF

Whew, thats a relief. I have all kinds of little rounds sponges in my tank. Didn't know they could look like that white stuff. I guess I have a yellow one like it in another location. I always assumed it was glue left over from the previous owner attaching something to the rock.
What kind of anemone did you get Spyral?... and what is in that picture you use with your handle?
A friend gave me a piece of rock with ten polyps on it about a month ago and I was pleased to find five new ones springing up on the rock where I placed it.

You can only see 8 of them in this pic.

In this one taken with the flash, The Clown and Damsel decided to get in the pic.

Spyral

SEAF, that is a Signal Goby and I would LOVE to find another one to go along with mine. I found him at Sierra in Renton, they didn't even know they had him..lol.

I got a "pest" anemone on a piece of rock I got from APFP. I bought a huge Xenia colony and it was on the rock. It is a Majano Anemone. Got to keep my eye on it since it will split and take over the tank..lol

http://www.melevsreef.com/pics/bta/not/majano.html

Poly's are looking good! I have a few poly's and have had real good growth in a short period of time.

Thanks lilifish, now I know I have sponges too!