What happens when an Amazon Sword has 150 PAR of light

thecarl

I decided to pull my overgrown amazon sword out of my 20 gallon tank today and re-locate it to my 75 gallon to see how much bigger it would get. It's a good thing I had it in sand because it was hard to remove from the substrate. Picture below:

IMG_0484-XL.jpg

thecarl said:
I decided to pull my overgrown amazon sword out of my 20 gallon tank today and re-locate it to my 75 gallon to see how much bigger it would get. It's a good thing I had it in sand because it was hard to remove from the substrate. Picture below:

IMG_0484-XL.jpg
Damnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!

Discuslover

Amazon swords are funny that way....I've had them explode in growth in low par. I have one in a dimly lit tank....because I didn't want to toss it away....I just put it in an extra tank.....but it still hangs on and does well.

thecarl

Yeah, I've noticed they do well in low light also. In this case I had a potassium deficiency after I installed the high light led lamp and so I started dosing the tank with potassium and the amazon just started to take off, pearling like crazy too. In the 75 gallon it's only a couple inches shy of the top of the tank, so it's gotten huge in that little 20 gallon.