What does your username mean?

anderson_p_r

I see many interesting usernames and I'm really curious what some of them mean or stand for. I met one FB user offline recently and found I was completely wrong about what I thought it meant. Mine is just my last name and first/middle initials.

What's your story?

A

Anonymous

One of the biggest controversial issues in this hobby is keeping fishNAbowl.

First time I decided to strip a holding female my wife said it was cruel...when I told her it actually let her eat food sooner as they generally don't eat when holding, I followed with the remark that is also lets them get back producing fry sooner...she gasped and said "Oh My God...your a Fish Pimp!!" And the moniker was born

TFP

pbmax

anderson_p_r said:
I met one FB user offline recently and found I was completely wrong about what I thought it meant.
Hmmm, I wonder who that is. :?: :cyclops: 

And don't you dare tell! I know where you work.  :suspect: 

A

Anonymous

Mine was from alot of sites I was from. First I was into imports like honda civic SI (sports injected). Honda/Acura site was SiRWes(SiR was the Canadian version of the SI). Then also I had the love of reptile keeping. Reptiles sites was SiRWesDragon. Well I kept this name for everything. Even here name has nothing to do with fish but I love my tag name cause it reminds me of my past hobbies.

A

Anonymous

SiRWesDragon said:
Mine was from alot of sites I was from. First I was into imports like honda civic SI (sports injected). Honda/Acura site was SiRWes(SiR was the Canadian version of the SI). Then also I had the love of reptile keeping. Reptiles sites was SiRWesDragon. Well I kept this name for everything.  Even here name has nothing to do with fish but I love my tag name cause it reminds me of my past hobbies.
I've always wondered!

Chiisai

Chiisai means little in Japanese. Got a nickname from a japanese foreign exchange student "Chiisai Inu" means little dog. ever since then everyone calls me Chi

MRTom

Mine involves some crazy story about some trouble I got into while I was in Thailand. Also, I drive a MR2 an I'm a fan of Mr. T in the old days. Lots of things coming together for one weird user name.

censeoflife

Mine is play on the phrase - Cost of living. Been using this name since the mid 90's when i first learned what it means to be independant.

KaraWolf

my writer/author name from back when I actually had story ideas TO write(and time). And I WILL respond to it in person. Though it drives me nuts when people say it wrong. It's Car-ah. Not Care-ah. There are people out there that thought this was my name because when there was two Brittanies in the classroom I asked teachers to call me Kara so I would stop feeling like an idiot when they weren't talking to me.

dwarfpike

Mine is just as it seems, after my favorite group of fish to keep ... dwarf pike cichlids.  :spoton: 

strider

Mine actually originated in 1968/69 during a year long adventure in SE Asia. It became my call sign years (as in many) later when I and my son became involved in paint ball and became way to involved in big games (100 to 400 players). And yes it is a play on my military life and the chareter in Tolkins books.

pbmax

It likely exposes me (yet again) as a huge nerd, and points to my age, but the first thing I thought of when I saw "strider", was not LoTR, but this:

strider-20080229050340586.jpg

It really was a fantastic Sega Genesis game.  :cheers:  So a  :plus1: for you, sir.