What Direction should I go?

ledieudufromage

I have a group of live bearers that I never intended to breed. Hah. There are 40+ Black and Dalmatian Mollies, 10+ Red Wag and Orange Spot Platies, and a couple of really pretty Swordtails. I have a store that will trade me fish for fish so I've been breeding them and trading for Cardinals and Nerites. I would like to change my breeding operation down to one species. What do?

ledieudufromage

I should of put this in breeding.
Note: I have some black sailfins. On live aquaria they are worth $12...so might be the most financially viable.
mollies

Note:
If you vote, please tell me why.

sandnuka

I always like a challenge when it comes to breeding fish.... I am tryin to breed Tropheus, discus, and german Rams..... all three are not easy at all to breed. but nobody likes something too simple, takes the fun out of it.

GoodnNuff

I'd go with the Black Sailfin's. Not as common as the others. Are they as prolific breeders as the other choices?

ledieudufromage

GoodnNuff said:
I'd go with the Black Sailfin's. Not as common as the others. Are they as prolific breeders as the other choices?
I just had 30+ babies, so I'm thinking it is probably the direction I'll be going. I don't have any female sword tails, but some REALLY pretty boys. I might give them to a friend for a new micro tank though.

cuashidor3

how do you breed mollies every time my mollies get pregnant and have the black spot i take them out and put them in a separate tank next day i come from work their normal size again 4 times already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :pale:

ledieudufromage

cuashidor3 said:
how do you breed mollies every time my mollies get pregnant and have the black spot i take them out and put them in a separate tank next day i come from work their normal size again 4 times already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :pale:
What is in their separate tank? They might have eaten their fry. You have to catch it within a couple hours of birth.