What are your favorite aquatic predators?

TRD_Power

My personal favorites go to:

1) Goliath African Tiger fish
Goliath-Tiger-Fish.jpg

2) Yellow Tail Barracuda
acestrorhynchus_falcirostris.jpg

3) Payara
tet.jpg
And yes, I had to add a face for some odd reason :)
4) And of course the Arowana
aro.jpg

:D

Kingstature

Holy Crap those are ugly fish!!!! Payara are those the same as a Saber tooth tetra??
My favorite Predators would be the following
1) SnakeHeads
2) Bull sharks also Known as Zambezi Sharks
3) Nile Crocodile
:king:

sandnuka

Black diamond piranha

I like a nice group of black diamond piranha, although I know they dont like to be in groups like red bellies... but they look sooo cool as juvies all together in a tank.

diamon10.jpg

Bassman42

No it's not an Alligator Snapper it's a color morph of a Common Snapper. If you want them to live with fish keep them well fed and the fish must be big and dispenable.

sandnuka

im sure a giant tank helps too..... one that the waste the turtle creates wont kill your fish... like in a 55gal, or 30gal... that would be crazy. ;)

protocl

Bassman42 said:
No it's not an Alligator Snapper it's a color morph of a Common Snapper. If you want them to live with fish keep them well fed and the fish must be big and dispenable.
sure fooled me.
i once viewed a youtube vid. alli. snapping turtle vs hamsters and mouses. :affraid:

Bassman42

He lives in a 4' 120gallon with 2 Albino Oscars and 2 Syno. Eurpterus. There are 2 cascade 1500s for filtration and it gets a 50% water change once a week.

Fern

Arowanas, flowerhorns, bettas.... and I'm sure Lipochromis sp. "Matumbi Hunter" will be on that list after I get mine in!
I have them all except for the arowana, I just don't have a tank large enough to house one for life.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
This is assuming you can actually keep it in an aquarium. Not that you can't keep an ATF in an aquarium, but most people will never be able to afford the addition onto the house to house such a fish.

So my list on has home hobbyists capeable fish.

The most aggressive IMO:
DOVI

wolf-cichlid.jpg

Most dangerous:
Mbu Puffer
2006-11-24_213657_teeth.jpg

Wolf-Keeper1

That is a seriously sick looking puffer. Gonna have to look that one up since you tagged it most dangerous. I already have a couple dovii.