Welcome new members! Show us your tanks!!

Betty

Staff member
Another thing to consider before adding loaches is the temperament of your cichlids. They might be okay with Tangs, but you should look into the level of aggression of each of the species to make sure it won't be too aggressive for loaches.

You might want to add to your rock work to give more hiding places for loaches. I think the leleupi and comps would like that as well. Mine like to hang out and also spawn in caves or shells placed in the rock work.

Thanks for the advice guys! I was thinking about more rock work but not sure if I want to get a 3d wall background (with books and crannies ) or to purchase rocks...currently I have lace rock that the smaller fish and catfish roam throughout. I don't think the tangs would be the problem so much as the catfish and their hourly quarrels...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Madness

Staff member
OK, back to the regular scheduled program, NEWBIES, NEW MEMBERS, GREEN HORNS, OLD MEMBERS W/NEW ACCOUNTS

Show us your setups, stop being shy and get involved. :D

Cadster

[/attachment] [/attachment]
I joined recently. In the past year and a half I rapidly progressed in the addiction from a five gallon 'nano' tank to a 20 gallon long then add (2) 29 gallon tanks and a ten gallon and a 2 gallon. Currently centered around a breeding pair of Apistogramma macmasteri and their growing up youngsters; a community tank with South American tetras and other fish: a group of 'C.A.R.E.S." Goodeids (conservation program for freshwater fish; I learned about thru GSAS and bought initial pair through Auction) Trying to phase out most of my green swordtails and guppies which breed very fast, so I can focus on the aforementioned. [attachment=2] The 2 main tanks each have a troupe of 5-8 corydoras (aeneas in one, trilineatus in the other) also. The two main tanks are plant-scaped and have plant substrate; others just have floating plants for fry. Lighted all day. The 20 gallon is full of leaves and peaty blackwater for the apisto pair which has had one big brood and I'm hoping for another. Only a few of the young have survived due to various mishaps and I did sell a few also. /attachment]IMG_3058.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3819.JPG
    IMG_3819.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3058.JPG
    IMG_3058.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 39
  • male apisto small.jpg
    male apisto small.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3201.JPG
    IMG_3201.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3507 (200x154).jpg
    IMG_3507 (200x154).jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 39

Madness

Staff member
Very nice. Thank you. See all you other new members that want so hard.

Cadster very nicely done, they look amazing.

Cadster

Yes ShortyKiloGyrl I do have the Volcano Goodeids registered with C.A.R.E.S. through GSAS! I joined one year ago and go to most of the meetings. Missed the Annual Big Auction last weekend unfortunately.