water belongs in the tank

aaronfeeney

You guessed it I discovered a leak today... The HOB filter has been dripping, a couple days I think. Discovered water level dropping a bit faster than usual,,, I was thinking the cats were drinking an awful lot...today found my 6 month old carpet was wet, upon investigation found the HOB fgilter has been dripping slightly. filter has been removed and working on a repair to the impeller on my spare canister, should be running this afternoon. Been wanting to change the HOB out anyhow,,, Just am a bit pissed about the carpet,,, first carpet problem , and its worse than a little puppy pee.

Fern

Is it the seal on the motor that's leaking? If so theres a product you can get to revive that O ring. Unless the O ring is cracked then you need a new one.
Lifeguard silicone O ring lubricant.
Just rub the O ring down with it and it should fix it.

Paintguy

I have one tank with an internal sump built in (TruVu)... no chance of leaking unless the tank breaks.

sandnuka

Oh man... I had a fluval 304, and I cleaned it once.... closed it up and turned it on went to bed.... woke up in the morning and water was everywhere!! The seal on the fluvol 304 sometimes dont seal completly. and it leaked everywhere!!

Paintguy

I have read many of the Fluvals leak a little until you get the air bubbles out. I have 2 and both dripped a little at first. One I had to shake up a bit.

aaronfeeney

never had a problem with the fluvals,, I am running a 305 and a 405 on the 100g mbuna tank and the 304 on my shellie tank now, never had leaks with these , but those damned HOB's overflow when a bit clogged and /or the motor seal will drip.

Racersk

Be glad the tank wasn't leaking, I lost about half of my 90gallon before I got home, the seam on the back corner came loose and leaked. Luckilly I have my big tanks in the garage, most of the water spilled out into the driveway and into the street.

Sorry for your water leak, sucks anytime a failure occurs!