Wanted to share from my 125g

CMooreCichlids

Horrible camera phone, but the fish were feeling flirtatious!

Green Phantom

Geophagus Orange Head

One of the male and female dwarf pikes getting their wiggle on!

Posturing for the lady

This lady

Hope ya'll enjoy

ziggyzoo

Wow you have cool fish! Do some of those type of plecos have bristles on thier fins and some on the face, cause we saw a big one in a display tank at bridges that did and it was soo cool, but the small ones they have for sale didnt have bristles.

CMooreCichlids

ziggyzoo said:
Wow you have cool fish! Do some of those type of plecos have bristles on thier fins and some on the face, cause we saw a big one in a display tank at bridges that did and it was soo cool, but the small ones they have for sale didnt have bristles.

I'm not sure if there is a green phantom bristlenose, but I'd really like to find out!

L190

there are green dragon bristlenose plecos though, love the green phantom. I have one myself

CMooreCichlids

Thanks everyone. The tank is very busy all the time and rowdy!

8 dwarf pike (5 male - 3 female)
6-7 geo orange heads (not sure of the gender split, but some have spawned without fry)
2 L200 green phantoms
6 spotted silver dollars (metynnis lippincottianus)
11 giant danio

Think of replacing the silver dollars for large tetra's, but not sure how that'll jive with the rest of the stock?

ziggyzoo

I found a photo of the bristly finned green phantom i was talking about!! :) i guess there are 3 types of green phantoms :) can you see the bristle things on the fins?

Attachments

• 01515_hUnBFhY72o_600x450.jpg
    01515_hUnBFhY72o_600x450.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 45

CMooreCichlids

Dang that's a really nice looking L200. Gonna need to contact some importers and see if they have any like that.

Really like the blue in the fins too!

ziggyzoo

CMooreCichlids said:
Dang that's a really nice looking L200. Gonna need to contact some importers and see if they have any like that.

Really like the blue in the fins too!

The one I posted? It's Just a random internet photo I found, no clue where it came from :)

Betty

Staff member
ziggyzoo said:
Betty said:
On the pectoral fin? Those are odontodes.

Oh haha I didn't know that

They develop as they mature and usually males will have thicker or longer ones than females. (I think -- I'm not an expert!) ;)

ziggyzoo

Betty said:
ziggyzoo said:
Betty said:
On the pectoral fin? Those are odontodes.

Oh haha I didn't know that

They develop as they mature and usually males will have thicker or longer ones than females. (I think -- I'm not an expert!) ;)

Ohhhh I see! I was wondering why the big one in the display tank had them, but non of the juveniles for sale did hahah I thought it was an extra special pleco lol