Vote for POTM

Pick the picture you’d like…..

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I should have the banner done by tomorrow… I have it created, I just need to muddle through all of the behind the scenes options and codes to make sure it doesn’t wreck something else on the site.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I should have the banner done by tomorrow… I have it created, I just need to muddle through all of the behind the scenes options and codes to make sure it doesn’t wreck something else on the site.
Should close out the survey voting option. Now another vote has popped on and shows a tie for the POTM with pics 1 and 2 having 4 votes each.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
12 votes total… makes me wonder who all participated?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Probably the same people that voted for Biden
lol, is it a Fishbox conspiracy?

Looking at the number of people who commented on the thread and knowing the likely hood of who submitted pics, I came up with 8 of us who I would believe to have voted. I wonder who the other 4 were since I could not place any comments or anything else as to who added their votes…

Edit: looked at “likes” and saw one additional Fishbox member on one of the pics so I got 9 people. So the “other” 3…

Just would be cool if we had a bit more activity around here.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
...Just would be cool if we had a bit more activity around here...
I agree. I've always been surprised that there are not more GSAS members on this board, because they do everything by e-mail, and don't have a proper forum of their own. Their rationale seems to vacillate between 'It works for us' and 'It's too much work,' so why not take advantage of this board, like, for free? There certainly are lots of serious hobbyists in GSAS, and it would be great to have them over here. :)

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
lol, is it a Fishbox conspiracy?

Looking at the number of people who commented on the thread and knowing the likely hood of who submitted pics, I came up with 8 of us who I would believe to have voted. I wonder who the other 4 were since I could not place any comments or anything else as to who added their votes…

Edit: looked at “likes” and saw one additional Fishbox member on one of the pics so I got 9 people. So the “other” 3…

Just would be cool if we had a bit more activity around here.
I have added 3-4 new members over the last few weeks, while also rejecting about 10 that IP addresses in other parts of the world.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
So I have the new banner up and running.... It looks normal on my phone, but looks extra large on the computer. Still playing with the settings. Let me know how it looks on your end.

Betty

Staff member
So I have the new banner up and running.... It looks normal on my phone, but looks extra large on the computer. Still playing with the settings. Let me know how it looks on your end.
I don't understand. I'm still seeing @Madness' L024 pleco! Am I the only one that has that banner?

Just checked -- If I log out, I see the new banner. :confused:

Edit: I figured it out. Looked through my account settings and found an option under preferences for style and noticed it said "social". I don't know how that got set up that way, so I changed it to default and the new banner is now showing. The appearance of the forum is better as well. The text was so hard to read before because there was very little contrast between it and the banner background (blue on blue). :thumbsup

Last edited:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I don't understand. I'm still seeing @Madness' L024 pleco! Am I the only one that has that banner?

Just checked -- If I log out, I see the new banner. :confused:

Edit: I figured it out. Looked through my account settings and found an option under preferences for style and noticed it said "social". I don't know how that got set up that way, so I changed it to default and the new banner is now showing. The appearance of the forum is better as well. The text was so hard to read before because there was very little contrast between it and the banner background (blue on blue). :thumbsup
Was that a just a general setting or one available only as a moderator?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
@lloyd378, Ive been through the thread and I didnt see it mentioned anywhere, unless I totally missed it... Did we ever actually declare the winner and acknowledge the Fishbox member who had the winning picture?

Im assuming the winning picture was from @sir_keith, if so it would be nice to acknowledge that and list the winning species of fish too.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
@lloyd378, Ive been through the thread and I didnt see it mentioned anywhere, unless I totally missed it... Did we ever actually declare the winner and acknowledge the Fishbox member who had the winning picture?

Im assuming the winning picture was from @sir_keith, if so it would be nice to acknowledge that and list the winning species of fish too.
We didn’t, but you are correct! This beautiful pic belonged to sir Keith. I’ll have to go back to my email to find the species.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
We didn’t, but you are correct! This beautiful pic belonged to sir Keith. I’ll have to go back to my email to find the species.
I'll help you out with that- the fish is my alpha male Ophthalmotilapia nasuta Chimba 'Tiger' from Lake Tanganyika. There are many distinct populations of this species in the lake, each from a different locale; this one is from Chimba, on the southwest corner of the lake.

I really like the way you matched the colors of the heading with the colors of the fish. :)