Video of my Eel

lilfishie

I am home today and for the next couple days laid up on the couch. I fractured my ankle yesterday. Spent a little while in the emergency room in silverdale. Surprisingly it didnt take very long at all. In and out in just 2 and a half hours with a splint on my right leg and crutches. So since I can not be up and around doing things I need to do, I had a chance to sit in front of my tanks and watch them.
I dont get to see my eel very often unless hes hungry although I know he is out and about during the day. So I took video of him today.
you can see it here.

Just updating the link to the video

A

Anonymous

nice! w much did this baby cost ya? ive seen online around $150...

lilfishie

Yep, that would be about right. He was wild caught in hawaii a little over 2 years ago. He was about 6" long then. Hes 10-12" long now.

lilfishie

sidekicking said:
I hope your ankle feels better :D
Thank you. Its better than yesterday, but its going to be awhile before I can get back on my motorcycle. :cry: This couldnt have happened in the winter or rainy season.

sandnuka

GOD!! I LOVE SALTWATER! someday I will do one.... just need to get the $$$$$ up... allot! :) absolutly gorgeous set up though...and love the eel... looks so cool, like animal planet, i would just sit there in front of your tank for hours

lilfishie

sandnuka said:
GOD!! I LOVE SALTWATER! someday I will do one.... just need to get the $$$$$ up... allot! :) absolutly gorgeous set up though...and love the eel... looks so cool, like animal planet, i would just sit there in front of your tank for hours
You know if you know where to look for stuff, you can get most of what you need really inexpensively. There are people taking down their tanks all the time and selling live rock and skimmers and things for good prices. Pick up a piece here and there over time and soon enough you will have all you need.
Any your welcome to come by anytime...when I am home anyway... to see the tanks.