Unlevel Tanks

joseZ.

So my tanks are no leveled out when i fill it up and the left side gets to the top there is still about 1/2 in. until the right side hits the top. It might be the stand because i've recently moved it and it is still the same both the 37 and the 20 l are like that and they are both on the same stand.
Have any of you guys ever had a problem with the tanks in the long run? other than it's annoying to look at :lol:

sandnuka

well its definetly not a tank thing, if the tank has changed that much, there is no way it would hold water.... its a stand, or the floor in the home..... Tanks filled water weigh sooooooo much, so obviously a wood stand would bow, or the floor if not supported evenly may be bowing out too... I would check the stand out really good, cause if it does give, that would be a big watery mess..... if its the floor, really the only thing you could do is empty the tank, go under the house and put supports under. if its less than 55gal, i wouldnt worry that much about supporting the floor.

pbmax

Few houses have perfectly level floors; mine floors sure aren't :) The garage floor is terribly off-level (both for drainage purposes and due to some pretty severe settling of the slab); I put shims in between a shelf board and the metal frame it sits on when I setup my 20g out there. Then I put foam board under it to even things out a bit. It never hurts to throw a sheet of styrofoam under the tank both for insulation and leveling purposes (except for the whole aesthetics thing).

Granted, I don't have tanks that can make the floor sag... my biggest is a 29g.