Umbee and dithers

So I have had my Umbee pair for a couple months now and they show plenty of spawning signs yet nothing happens. I have just recently started 20-30% WC's a day, cranked the heaters up around the 80 mark and varied their food options more. Just started these changes so I can't say if they work just yet. I was also thinking of adding dithers as to possibly keep the pair closer and working more together. I have the black belt and isletas I could throw in there that are big enough not to be swallowed whole. Let me know what your guys' opinions are! Thanks!

Madness

Staff member
I dont think it would hurt. Mainly patience. You doing cold water changes? This works well for me.

Thanks man. I am doing the cold water out of the front spigot. Started that after one of your water quality threads on here somewhere, I just upped the changes 2x weekly to almost everyday just to see what happens.

Madness

Staff member
I recently ordered this product that is suppose to improve fertilization abilities in fish, and to help entice them and get them more in the mood. :D I also read that frozen snails are a natural aphrodisiac for fish. I have yet to try this because I cant find anyone that sells frozen snails. Not the small ones that some of us have as pets, but the kind that we eat. :)

fishman09

Umbees can be a waiting game. Got lucky with mine and they spawn monthly since 5". Be patient. Maybe try removing one for a while and trying a reintroduction after a few weeks. If they aren't killing each other I would just wait.

fishman09

Madness you ordered some fish steroids :suspect: ?? Sounds like something those crazy fh breeders would use.

Interesting madness, keep us updated if it works or not!

Thanks fishman, was hoping you would chime in as I know you have experience with these beasts.