TWO Light Failures in ONE DAY???

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
No kidding.

Two of my 36" Coralife tube-bulb holding light hoods went teats up today. At the same time. UNbelievable.

How does THAT happen?

I'm just amazing by the co-inky-dink.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Hey @VickiK sorry to hear that! Are you using them to grow plants? I've used cheapo lights from BeamsWork and also generic LED weed grow lights from Amazon... save on juice too.

BeamsWork Plant Growing light: http://a.co/8cna8I9
Generic Weed Light: http://a.co/ht1ycig

Actually, I went onto Amazon and got a couple of NICRON brand -- I've bought one before and they're keeping plants going strong in the 35g. Do I want to traipse down to the CoOp and get me some fancy lights? Hell yeah. But current budget constraints permit such frivolity!

The fish in the 55 don't know what's happening. They're like "Who let the lights out? Ooo! Ooo! Who let the lights out! Ooo! Ooo!"

Betty

Staff member
I have had that happen before! (They were also Coralife fixtures!) Have also had heaters go out within a day or two of each other as well!

FishBeast

Actually, I went onto Amazon and got a couple of NICRON brand -- I've bought one before and they're keeping plants going strong in the 35g. Do I want to traipse down to the CoOp and get me some fancy lights? Hell yeah. But current budget constraints permit such frivolity!

The fish in the 55 don't know what's happening. They're like "Who let the lights out? Ooo! Ooo! Who let the lights out! Ooo! Ooo!"
HAHAHA!! You will be pleased to know that many fancy (and expensive) lights from Finnex and Fluval are actually made with the same components (LEDs and controllers) as the cheaper brands like Nicrew, Koval and BeamsWork! :)

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
boy and a girl - that's Bo - the one with the aquarium light box and Beatrice with the amazon box...lol

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
HAHAHA!! You will be pleased to know that many fancy (and expensive) lights from Finnex and Fluval are actually made with the same components (LEDs and controllers) as the cheaper brands like Nicrew, Koval and BeamsWork! :)

OH REALLLLLYYYYY? That is good news. These Nicrew lights are dang good. The one in the living room is growing plants like a mo-fo.

I was going to put one on Tankie's tank (Texas Red Cichlid), but the goon destroyed all his live plants. @Tank called it. He really did. So, I installed plastic ones (HATED TO DO IT) but he likes having hidey holes and things and his friend Giant SAE likes the alge surfaces. Everyone is happy!

FishBeast

OH REALLLLLYYYYY? That is good news. These Nicrew lights are dang good. The one in the living room is growing plants like a mo-fo.

I was going to put one on Tankie's tank (Texas Red Cichlid), but the goon destroyed all his live plants. @Tank called it. He really did. So, I installed plastic ones (HATED TO DO IT) but he likes having hidey holes and things and his friend Giant SAE likes the alge surfaces. Everyone is happy!
Oh yeah, beefy cichlids like Tankie will be bulls in china shops with live plants being the fine, too expensive to use for tea luxury porcelain china! Plastic all the way! Look up Weco fake plants they are very realistic and will stand up to cichlid abuse.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Oh yeah, beefy cichlids like Tankie will be bulls in china shops with live plants being the fine, too expensive to use for tea luxury porcelain china! Plastic all the way! Look up Weco fake plants they are very realistic and will stand up to cichlid abuse.

Nice tip!

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Looks cool! Isn't he supposed to be redder?

Oh yes. In the end yes. At least I hope so, Clownie!

He's eating his red fish food and growing like a weed.

Will he get completely red/white like you see online? Probably not (if I must be realistic - but I'm hoping) - and he's super fun and if you saw him in person, you'd see he's getting redder. He really is. His tummy especially. He's a very young fish. Time will tell! The joy is the journey!

FishBeast

Oh yes. In the end yes. At least I hope so, Clownie!

He's eating his red fish food and growing like a weed.

Will he get completely red/white like you see online? Probably not (if I must be realistic - but I'm hoping) - and he's super fun and if you saw him in person, you'd see he's getting redder. He really is. His tummy especially. He's a very young fish. Time will tell! The joy is the journey!
Pics of this red wonder, you must share!