Trading up!!

Kaosu

Found and add on Craigslist..150 gallon looking to down size to a 75g trade..

gave the lady a call and offered my 50g with oak stand and hood I had in storage and she said yes!!!!!!!!

..showed up and it was a fully set up salt water tank with a 40 gallon plumbed in sump...I was so shocked!

she just gave it to me!!..dimension read its a 120 gallon not a 150 ..but who cares?!...she was such a sweet lady to..she said she just got busy with life and recovering form a heart attack ..wanted to keep her fish and have a smaller tank ..we helped her transfer everything in to the 50g.

so it has allot of scrubbing to do..it took us two trips of an hour each way..only the tank would fit in the bed of the truck..came back today to pick up the stand and sump..pumps books and a monster size skimmer.

Im doing it as fresh water..pics to come tomorrow as i start to clean it!

this is the pic that was in the add
tank.jpg
[/img]
the stand looks a little iffy..we might have to build a new one or reinforce it .

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
That is cool!

What are the plans? Time for some big cichlids? :joker:

^^Thats what I was thinking!^^ Monsters are awesome. Then again, now you've got lots more options with a 100+. Will stayed tuned for sure.

Kaosu

thank you everyone ill gt pics up soon..

and the plan is to upgrade my 65g, my Tinanti and rainbow tank they are going to love the space!!! ^_^

and maybe a few more of everything already in the tank.

Sweet looks like a 48x24x24?That is gonna be 1 nice tank for a very deserving person
i have not taken the tape to it yet...i will when i finish coffee and go out to start cleaning it. the lady i got it from said it was 48l, 24D, and 25 T

and thank you ^_^..im so stoked about this!

Kaosu

ok!!!
tank measures out at 48x24x24 sump is 36x16x16.

pics..dirty pics.
DSC08177.jpg

DSC08178.jpg

DSC08186.jpg

DSC08187.jpg

DSC08179.jpg

DSC08185.jpg

the stand is really going to need some reinforcing! ..or we will build a new one.
DSC08180.jpg

DSC08181.jpg

sump..and everything that came with it soaking. ...so much scrubbing to do.
DSC08183.jpg

DSC08184.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Kaosu said:
pics..dirty pics.
Hey this is a family website, no dirty pics here! :joker:

Wow thats really filthy! :affraid:

Kaosu

DMD123 said:
Kaosu said:
pics..dirty pics.
Hey this is a family website, no dirty pics here! :joker:

Wow thats really filthy! :affraid:
bwahahah dirty!!!!!

it is mostly sand and salt build up nothing a hose and some scrubbing cant fix..being that it was up and running when we showed up to get it ^_^

Kaosu

aquaman95 said:
tank measures out at 48x24x24
CALLED IT lol you are right it is gonna need a good scrubbing but it was still an amazing deal
yes you did^_^

and it is a great deal!!....other than we will have to reinforce the floor before putting it in the house ..bottle jacks and 6x6s here we come!

aquaman95

i thought i would have had to reinforce my floor when i had one of my 125's setup buti kept it on plywood on the floor and it never gave me a problem no 2 houses have the same structural support imo though

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Does not hurt anything to reinforce. I did it when I got my 210g mainly because the majority of the weight was resting on one joist. So I sistered extra joists and added braces w/joist hangers and made sure to screw and glue it all together. Now the weight is distributed over three sistered joists. I was thinking of jacks and posts under my home but Ive had water issues and I dont feel like my ground is solid enough unless I were to dig a deep hole and create a footing... maybe if I ever get something bigger.

Kaosu

DMD123 said:
Does not hurt anything to reinforce. I did it when I got my 210g mainly because the majority of the weight was resting on one joist. So I sistered extra joists and added braces w/joist hangers and made sure to screw and glue it all together. Now the weight is distributed over three sistered joists. I was thinking of jacks and posts under my home but Ive had water issues and I dont feel like my ground is solid enough unless I were to dig a deep hole and create a footing... maybe if I ever get something bigger.
yeah i was talking to my dad about it..he said to take 5 foot 6x6 and two bottle jacks if the bracings under the house go apostate way of where we are putting the tank or do two if they are going the other way. I would rather be safe than sorry its a newer ish home build in the 90s

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, better safe than sorry! I ended up reinforcing the stand too. I know you were talking about that with yours. I ended up putting a 3/4" bottom to help spread the weight and added 2X4's inside and put a sheet of ply on the back. I cant believe how cheaply made these 'store bought' stands are.