Tour of my fishroom

Betty

Staff member
Well, my females are about 9 years old so they are definitely mature -- maybe even over-the-hill? I added what I think is a male a couple of years ago, but still no action.

clownie

Hey betty...I just went to move the leopards and found another one dead! UGH!!!! That leaves me with 2. It's fustrating in the fact i had them for 6 months or so and now have to start over with new ones. Is sexing them pretty the general pleco sexing? Lots of odontodes on the male?

Just checked wet spot and they are out sooooo looks like i have a 10 year project going on here!!

Betty

Staff member
Yes, I think that's the way to differentiate. The females also have a rounder shape to them.
Sorry for the loss -- they aren't exactly easy to find and costly too!

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Very nice little fish room! Love watching and checking out fish that I don’t keep. Love these little guys!

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
Nice little tour; thanks! It's fun seeing other people's setups. One of the cool things about this hobby is how each individual does it differently. I'm sure that there are many thousands of fishrooms in the world, and no two are alike.

Many years ago I had an older friend in Connecticut who had one of the coolest fishrooms I've ever seen- a basement full of stainless-steel frame tanks from the 30's and 40's chock full of plants and dwarf cichlids. It was awesome. I still have some of his old magazines, published during the Depression, and they are real time capsules of the hobby.

Thanks again.