Tiger Lotus flower

A

Anonymous

Re: Tiger Lotus flower

Wow, another bloom. Guess who like Finnex LED's? Tiger Lotus plant now takes up about a 3rd of the floor space in my 7' tank.
ec5bf7499ab9f4769c2e60272c59892f_zps95bfbba6.jpg

A

Anonymous

The other flower lasted about 2 weeks before the center of the flower started drying up. I finally clipped off the stem about half way and let the rest of the stem deteriorate in the water. This time I may collect pollen to experiment with the NEXT flower. If you pollinate a fruit flower, it fruits. If you pollinate a flower, it seeds, and or propagates in another way.... Right? Or, if I collect pollen from a purple or red flower from outside and put it on a white lotus flower, would the next flower be a hybrid color morph?

Or am I putting to much thought into this? LOL!

KaraWolf

Usually a flower flower will produce seeds when pollinated. some don't though 0.o they propogate by root bulbs or something like that instead. If you used pollen from a different flower color but cross-breedable plant then the seeds the two together produce will be a mix depending on how the color gene works could get whites, could get the ones from outside or could get a diluted red or purple XD

A

Anonymous

Thanks KaraWolf :) I'll mess around with it see what happens. This plant is starting to get a bunch of babies under the main plant. Some with bulbs attached.

I'll check it out jrmakawoody. Always can use some good reading b4 bed!