Tiger Lotus flower

MRTom

Re: Tiger Lotus flower

Wait... what? Did you photoshop that on there? What??? What is that? Whaaaaaatttt!!!!!???!?!?

:shock::suspect::confused::scratch::affraid: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?????

A

Anonymous

MRTom said:
Wait... what? Did you photoshop that on there? What??? What is that? Whaaaaaatttt!!!!!???!?!?

:shock::suspect::confused::scratch::affraid: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?????
Pretteeee ffllowwwer  :D 

A big straw like tube has shot out of the middle of my Tiger Lotus and flowered Tom. NeatO, hu?!

A

Anonymous

Can you see the thread on the left side diagonal to the bottom left? I had to rope the stem and pull it over so it would clear the tank support .

Killybeys

That has to be one of the coolest planted tank ive ever seen! What a beautiful Flower!

Side note: I was scrolling through your pics and saw you also have a south american bumblebee catfish, They are so cool when you can actually find them haha

A

Anonymous

Killybeys said:
That has to be one of the coolest planted tank ive ever seen! What a beautiful Flower!

Side note: I was scrolling through your pics and saw you also have a south american bumblebee catfish, They are so cool when you can actually find them haha
Thanks Killbeys! 

The bubble bee cat does hide all the time but he has a feeding routine which involves him coming out of his hole and forage under the Tiger Lotus. I then get to see him for just a brief moment.

Killybeys

fishNAbowl said:
Killybeys said:

Thanks Killbeys! 

The bubble bee cat does hide all the time but he has a feeding routine which involves him coming out of his hole and forage under the Tiger Lotus. I then get to see him for just a brief moment.
It makes it more cool when you do eventually see him! i had 2 and i didnt see them for weeks. When i finally found them they had grown at least half an inch it was crazy how sneak they are haha

A

Anonymous

MRTom said:
Wow, so that flower is, what? 10 inches wide?
You know, I thought that very same thing when I was researching photos on the internet before the plant bloomed. The pictures made it seem the flowers where 4-6 inches in diameter. And they very well may get that big but this flower is maybe 3" in diameter. Same size roundness as a silver dollar maybe.

P.S. I pressed the +1 on accident , lol. Darn mobile, the quote and + button are super close together....

MRTom

Looks are very deceiving, still, a 3 inch flower in a tank is huge!

And lol on the +1 :) I'll take a vote any way I can!

That's amazing! I've never actually known anyone who was able to get their tiger lotus to flower (in a fishtank, no less!) Congrats, Chad!! What beautiful growth, too! :)

Betty

Staff member

Nice job!  :woot:  How long will the flower last?

A

Anonymous

Betty said:
Nice job!  :woot:  How long will the flower last?
1st lotus flower for me Betty, I'll update this thread when the flower stars withering.

A

Anonymous

jrmakawoody said:
props to you, I tried to grow a tiger lotus...failed miserably lol
If only you knew the back story to this plant. The original bulb this plant started from is now 5 years old. Before this huge plant became what it is, it has grown a bit, melted, over and over for the past 5 years. The original bulb just rolls around my tank periodically sprouting (every few months). So I say, dont let die off stop you from trying again if you really want it :)

jrmakawoody

I will try again someday...I have been considering starting fresh in my 20 gallon tall. Maybe I will try a tiger lotus as the centerpiece.